Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a bit concerned how it will affect Lampard.. a manager that’s finally got us all as one could be out the door straight away with new owners!!

Let’s not get too carried away about this Bannon and Farage stuff, it might be exaggerated. Thornton knows Bannon from their Goldman Sachs days. He was pictured having lunch with Bannon and Farage in 2018. At the same time he is reported to be involved with a left-leaning think tank.

Sounds very much like your typical investment guy who is all about the money and blows with the political wind. Anyone whose job involves a finger on the political pulse would’ve been interested in a lunch with Bannon and Farage in 2018 as populism was the way the wind was blowing. It doesn’t mean he is seriously ideologically aligned. And certainly, unlike the sportswashing projects, his involvement with a football club wouldn’t be in furtherance of whatever his political views are.
I'd think Brookings would be left-wing if the center was, perhaps, the Claremont Institute. Trump and Thornton have been connected prior to the former becoming POTUS.

If this goes through...what was the actual naming rights deal USM paid the £30mil for?

Was it first refusal or ability to match the highest offer?

As if USM are out of the picture perhaps the yanks mimick this deal and we get another £30mil +

Also for a stadium is the naming rights set at circa £20mil a year?
Welcome to the Amazon Arena

Taking moral objections out of it I see @davek 's fears of carpetbaggers becoming realized.

These yanks are vultures who know and care nothing for the game, only financial return.
How does that make them any different than Mosh buying the club to launder money through the new stadium? If you want an owner who actually cares about the game, go find a club in League Two.

Coventry scenario where the stadium is sold off to a third party for a quick buck, then rented back to us. Caused them all sorts of issues.
I'm worried this might be the case.
The Yanks take on Bramley Moore as an investment and make it a completely separate entity to EFC, Moshiri gets a wedge and the club end up owning nothing and having to pay rent every month.
Isn't one of them a real estate fella aswell.

If this goes through...what was the actual naming rights deal USM paid the £30mil for?

Was it first refusal or ability to match the highest offer?

As if USM are out of the picture perhaps the yanks mimick this deal and we get another £30mil +

Also for a stadium is the naming rights set at circa £20mil a year?

Zat mate, get your head out the clouds, American investors are in no way shape or form going to be sponsoring us through backdoor channels, the naming rights was Usmanovs way of throwing a crap load of money into the club for free.

No one on earth would do that if they are bothered about return on investment.

Can slate Moshiri/Usmanov, but they threw money hand over fist into the club, these American lot will do the opposite, everything will be leveraged, loans and I'm expecting the stadium to end up not owned by the club at the end of it all.

There’s no way it’s just the guy who might be a billionaire and the pauper of a millionaire involved here. They just don’t have the money. Yet to be convinced any of this is accurate.

I'd think Brookings would be left-wing if the center was, perhaps, the Claremont Institute. Trump and Thornton have been connected prior to the former becoming POTUS.
A lot of people were probably connected to the cheeto business-wise before he became president.

Status
Not open for further replies.