Match Thread Swansea v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamo Martinez

Player Valuation: £70m
Yes. We're back. And so am I. I imagine most people who write up previews might give it a miss because they were travelling abroad. I might be the only person on this forum who gives it a miss because they are travelling to England. But that's just me hey. Mr unique.
Come to think about it, England is abroad for me. Well, enough of that nonsense. What about Everton?

The mighty blues are also travelling to a foreign land (we did want European footie) as we take on the finest passing team in the premier league (where the hell is Brian these days) otherwise known as Swansea City.

bob-latchford-158-859168.jpg

Those heady days when they were lifting the carling cup seem a long way away as they struggle at the bottom end of the division (old man alert).

Brendan-Rodgers-Swansea-C-007.jpg

The man above might be a mr unique himself as a Northern Irishman who's managed in England, Scotland and Wales. Sorry, I'm not long out of bed and need a bit more caffeine to get the chemical balance right in my brain.

_93738301_rexfeatures_7945340aj-1.jpg

We'll have to keep an eye on these two as they seem to have a decent connection. They do have some other players I'd imagine but I can't for the life of me remember them clearly. Ki? Routledge?
One thing for certain is they'll be well up for it as they fight to get out of that final relegation spot. The idea of Sigurdson's delivery and Llorente's heading abilty against an Everton central defence wearing flip flops should worry us.

JAGSASH.jpg

However, although we never want the blues to lose, there is the clear sensation that, as fans, we're also on the beach. Chelsea confirmed to the watching world what we all knew. We're a work in progress and we've got some way to go to seriously challenge those above us.

Everton-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League.jpg

I would like to see us try out a few youngsters in the remaining games. The likes of Hull may not like the idea but, a) the kids will have something to play for and, b) who cares about Hull?

I've no idea what will be going through Ron's massive head but I'm not expecting much from this one. We've shown we're well better than the 13 teams below us but as I said earlier, I suspect Swansea will simply want this a bit more.

3FE94C9700000578-0-image-m-2_1493841190391.jpg

Hoping this lad makes a full recovery. We're all with you Aaron.

COYB!!

Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Swansea v Everton

Having qualified for next campaign's Europa League, Everton have been on the beach for the past two weeks.

The Liberty Stadium has been a happy hunting ground since the Swans’ promotion to the Premier League back in 2011.

The Blues have yet to lose a league fixture to them in Wales.

But with the Swans fighting for their Premier league lives, two points adrift of 17th place Hull, they'll be no pushovers on Saturday evening.

Three points is a must for Swansea. 

Koeman says he's to blame if his side aren't motivated for this clash. That's a massive warning to his players to get the flip flops off and get those football boots back on.

The 1-1 draw at Old Trafford last weekend has buoyed the Swans. But they have injury problems.

Pacey Ecuadorian winger Jefferson Montero and Angel Rangel miss out for Swansea.

It has been nightmare season for the fans in South Wales, with three different managers at the helm. 

Special mention goes to Bob Bradley, whilst being one of the worst managers to ever grace the Premier League he still managed to get a point at Goodison Park back in November. 

Oh Everton, never change.

Ones to watch - 

Long time Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson is Swansea’s key man, with nine goals - one of those coming in that 1-1 draw in L4 - and twelve assists to his name this season, in what is a truly abysmal Swansea side.

It's not hard to see why some of the biggest clubs around want the Icelandic international’s signature.

Let's hope he stinks the place out on this audition in front of Ronald Koeman.

Target man Fernando Llorente has 12 goals to his name in his maiden season in the Premier League and could find himself, alongside Sigurdsson, one of the main reasons the Swans may survive.

Enough about them, onto what we're all here for. 

Bad news for the Toffeemen, Morgan Schneiderlin, a massive miss and factor in last week's loss to Chelsea, is still missing. 

So it's much the same squad wise from that 3-0 drubbing off the champions elect at The Grand Old Lady. 

Not our best day. 

Not a match review, so enough of that.

Feeling like a common occurrence but victory will elevate Everton above Arsenal into fifth, whether that's temporarily or set in stone is yet to be seen.

Everton are still waiting for only their second away victory in 2017. 

A dismal record that is in desperate need of improvement.

But here's to hoping improvement is just what happens and the Blues bag the three points... and Swansea are sent one step closer to the Championship.

Up The Toffees.

This is one of those games that Barkley and Lukaku will turn up for, Swansea will have to press, they have to win. We are then set up to counter which plays to our strengths. Lukaku hat-trick, Everton 3-2.
would like to see Kenny play at right back, think his performances in U-23's have deserved it

get beat here, they are fighting for their lives and we are on holiday mode going off the last 2 performances, we also aren't very good away are we, 0-2 swansea

The Everton team are already on the sun loungers. Swansea are fighting and playing some good togger.

But with the Swans fighting for their Premier league lives, two points adrift of 17th place Hull, they'll be no pushovers on Saturday evening.
Three points is a must for Swansea.
[/QUOTE]

God almighty! Who wrote this? Marshall Petain? ffs

Smash deeze, Utterly utterly smash deeze into Championship oblivion.

You just know its going to be Siggurdson with the winner for them?????

Nah ! 2 - 0 to Everton - Brace for Rom!

Not all that confident about this one. The last 2 matches have seen us confirmed for seventh place, while Swansea is in a full on relegation battle, and will have no problem motivating their squad.

Still, I think class will win out in the end. 2-0 Blues!

Status
Not open for further replies.