summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big no from me for Rodwell. He is far too injury prone, Isn't that good of a player and considering them two points it's not worth the risk with his big wages

Big no from me for Rodwell. He is far too injury prone, Isn't that good of a player and considering them two points it's not worth the risk with his big wages

I wonder what he would command though?

If he comes, I guess it will be a loan as if he earns 100k + no one will give him that. He isn't worth more than 20k in his current state.

I would imagine City will want rid (I cannot see him featuring in Pellegrini's long term plans), but why would he drop 100k a week when he might never reach his early potential and get a big contract again.

Will be interesting to see how this develops as I think he will move somewhere.

Rodwell is a nailed on loan for us next year imo wouldnt be shocked at cleverely either if united dont give him a new contract and hes available for a Gibson like fee or loan, dont think either/both are bad additions myself, would add a lot of depth, people martinez knows have the right character, both at an age were managed correctly could turn thrir early career potential into reality.

Mccarthy, Barry, Gibson, Rodwell, Cleverley, Lundstram (potentially) would be a deep centre mid without much digging into transfer budgets

The more I think about it... A good summer for us would just be keeping hold of what we have now. If we signed Barry and lukaku permanently and loaned traore and deulofeu again I'd be over the moon! With the long term injuries back our squad would look very healthy numbers wise, and could cope comfortably with Europe IMO.

Rodwell is on nearly 65k a week at city. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club on those wages. Stop being nostalgic lads he's finished.

Reactions: FTY

Rodwell is on nearly 65k a week at city. I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club on those wages. Stop being nostalgic lads he's finished.

Sauce? Football Manager is known to be quite inaccurate when it comes to wages...

Rodwell is probably on no more than 40k a week. However, I would take him back easily, fantastic player when fit. I don't even believe he's been injured most of this season, Pellegrini just doesn't favor him and who could blame him when you consider what he's got available to him.

Sauce? Football Manager is known to be quite inaccurate when it comes to wages...

Rodwell is probably on no more than 40k a week. However, I would take him back easily, fantastic player when fit. I don't even believe he's been injured most of this season, Pellegrini just doesn't favor him and who could blame him when you consider what he's got available to him.

You think i'm just basing it off of football manager. Okay that's sound.

Reactions: FTY
Rodwell is too injured-prone. And what had he done apart from that Man Utd goal to prove he is a good player? None. I just rememember he costed Citch quite a few goals.

It's possible, but unlikely. If it was down to his training methods, we would have had a lot more of them

not necessarily, certain players, especially talented athletes like rodwell and rvp more suspectible to injuries from overload than your bog standard osmans and hibberts

Don't underestimate Jose favours Everton somewhat slightly too, until he accepts us as REAL challengers we are on his good side. Well. As much as we can be.

Juve have Tevez & Lorent.

Dortmund is the one. They will need a striker in the summer.

If we get champs league, I think that Lukaku will sign, I hear hat your saying about Dortmund but I think that Rom enjoys being at Everton, he obviously likes Martinez, and will get just as good wages here, obviously they have the thing about being CL regulars, but we are a club on the up, and I think he would enjoy being part of that, and he obviously plays well with Barkley !!

Juve have Tevez & Lorent.

Dortmund is the one. They will need a striker in the summer.

Apparently Adrian Ramos is pretty much signed and sealed for the summer. Kevin Volland a major target apparently as well; that's 2 players they'd get (the proven Bundesliga goalscorer in Ramos and the young star in Volland) for the price of one Lukaku. Dortmund aren't the richest of clubs - very much sell to buy. They spent big last summer cos' of selling Gotze. Don't think they'll lump all they're money on one player if they can avoid it. The reason they've been so poor prior to christmas is the lack of depth they have and the amount of players that have been injured

Anyone else settle for exactly the same squad next year? Lukaku and Barry permanent, Deulofeu on loan if possible, maybe Traore, no outgoings except Kone?

I would - but it would be nice to see a net spend for a change and actually bring in another defensive midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.