Summer transfer window 2023

Well he’s miles better and more creative than him, so sure. Not that I’m particularly keen to persist with our current formation though.

Fair enough, i bow to your superior knowledge.

The stats with/without doucoure which had been posted a while ago show he would be a big miss.

At this point i do feel we need to sell him to add the wage saving and any fee to the pot.

Obviously id rather we signed a younger player than a 26 year old.

Since when has 26 in 2 months been old.

Im not saying that.

I think we should be focusing on the u23 or below signings. Those we can mould and build a team long term with...and sell to reinvest in two replacements with high potential.

If we did sign this chap then id hope its as a stopgap and we were also bringing in a younger player to develop in his position.

Im not saying that.

I think we should be focusing on the u23 or below signings. Those we can mould and build a team long term with...and sell to reinvest in two replacements with high potential.

If we did sign this chap then id hope its as a stopgap and we were also bringing in a younger player to develop in his position.

Even if we signed him on a free, we could flip him in 2 years for a profit.

Go have a look at Sunderland and what happens when you're squad is just full of kids.

Even if we signed him on a free, we could flip him in 2 years for a profit.

Go have a look at Sunderland and what happens when you're squad is just full of kids.

12th sat in mid table with half a dozen good players they could sell for decent money. A better position than us...

What weve seen is that teams dont want to sign our players due to the wages. If we bring him in (and as a free hed be on a good wage) and he isnt what we need then he may be hard to sell.

12th sat in mid table with half a dozen good players they could sell for decent money. A better position than us...

What weve seen is that teams dont want to sign our players due to the wages. If we bring him in (and as a free hed be on a good wage) and he isnt what we need then he may be hard to sell.

I mean take our points deduction away and we're 14th with crop of players we can sell for decent money. What's the difference?

He won't be on a good wage he's coming from Coventry.

Which premier league teams would be be good enough to consistently start for?
Worth thre risk if we can get him on a sensible deal low wages and maybe 2/3 year deal. Does not mean we wont be after younger okayers aswell. Have been linked to a lad at celtic on a free aswell

I mean take our points deduction away and we're 14th with crop of players we can sell for decent money. What's the difference?

He won't be on a good wage he's coming from Coventry.

They appear to have half a team of up and coming high potential players.

I think we may need more experience in the squad this summer if we move on the oldies but as weve seen with Harrison, just because theyre low cost doesnt mean they will be effective.

I think we may need more experience in the squad this summer if we move on the oldies but as weve seen with Harrison, just because theyre low cost doesnt mean they will be effective.

I mean Harrison isn't the same is he? He's a loan. If we want him permanently he'd cost loads.

I don't know if you're so against this because he's 25 or because he's from Coventry.

Also, just referring to this post, quite the upgrade don't you think...

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

I mean Harrison isn't the same is he? He's a loan. If we want him permanently he'd cost loads.

I don't know if you're so against this because he's 25 or because he's from Coventry.

I went to coventry once for a match. Walked around the city centre with my Dad who explained why it was so soulless having been bombed to oblivion during world war 2.

I also didnt want Gyokeres so you may be onto something.

Also, just referring to this post, quite the upgrade don't you think...

View attachment 250278View attachment 250279

If that was in the premier league for us, then of course.

But im sure Harrisons stats in the championehip would look better too