Summer transfer window 2023

what is abundantly clear is that Everton want to reach a point where they can keep their losses to no more than 105 mil over 3 years to comply with FFP

now Covid is over the impact cannot be used an excused if our rolling losses over 3 years exceeds 105 mil

21/22 accounts showed a loss of 44.7 mil
22/23 accounts will include the money from the sale of gordon
then i assume the 23/24 accounts will include the sales from this window which is looking close to being around 60 mil in players sales with Kean, Simms, Nkounkou, Cannon and Iwobi plus loan fees for Maupay, Holgate the compensation money from Chelsea for the academy player, the sell on clause for Nkouku and the John Stones bonus money for Champions League win

on the books its looking like we should be able to comply with FFP quite easily in the period between 21/22 to 23/24 as things stand

wages have been reduced significantly with the likes of Mina, Sigurdsson, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Iwobi and Gbamin all leaving the club and the majority of Holgate's wages will be covered by Southampton this season as well then in the summer the contracts of Gomes, Doucoure, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Gray all expire as well

so far this calendar year the club has made 45 mil from Gordon, 30 mil for Kean, 22 mil for Iwobi, 5 mil for Nkounkou with the sell on fee, 7 mil for Simms, 9 mil for cannon, 4 mil for smith samuels and some money from the Qatar world cup and the bonus for john stones - all in all the club has brought in around 120 mil

the club spent no money in January and apparently we have only spent 15 mil on a loan fee for danjuma and the signing of chermiti from sporting lisbon. The Beto money will be spent next season apparently.

that means that the club has made around 100 mil this year net profit

Summer Window

In:
Gomes (Loan Return)
Dele (Loan Return)
Branthwaite (Loan Return)
Young
Chermiti
Danjuma (Loan)
Harrison (Loan)
Beto

Out:
Mina
Coady
Townsend
Davies
Begovic
Simms
Iwobi
Gbamin
Cannon
Warrington (Loan)
Mills (Loan)
Holgate (Loan)
Maupay (Loan)

Are we stronger now than before the window?

So as it stands, our squad is now like this (when everyone's healthy and available):

Dom
Beto
Chermiti

McNeil Doucure Harrison
Dobbin Dele Danjuma

Onana Gana
Gomes Garner
Onyango

Mykolenko Branthwaite Tarkowski Coleman
Young Keane Godfrey Patterson

Pickford
Virginia

I think there's a starting 11 there that should be able to avoid relegation with a bit of room to spare, but the depth is criminally thin. A couple of injuries / suspensions in key places and we are basically up the creek.

Have been trying for people gnonto the lad from southampton prob more that hasnt come out atm. I am not angry about us over paying for gnonto, i am angry that like the cf postion last season the club have left us short at cb. Even cm gomes gray players the club did not want, we could have atleast got aome loans in today
Again. Not one reliable source said we bid for anyone today. Another CB would of been ideal yes, but we just go with that we have.

Annoys me that we've not even made use of all our loan spots. Even players in on cover, Eric Garcia gone out on loan and remember him being very highly rated at City, still had another domestic loan as well.

Who said we’re scraping around.? Not one reliable source has even said we we’re in for anybody today. People linking snide Twitter links all day from pages with 60 followers talking absolute crap isn’t what’s going on.
The bobble and his mate literally confirmed that we went back in for Gnonto with a £25m bid when the Iwobi deal was agreed. About as reliable you can get for us.

Summer Window

In:
Gomes (Loan Return)
Dele (Loan Return)
Young
Chermiti
Danjuma (Loan)
Harrison (Loan)
Beto

Out:
Mina
Coady
Townsend
Davies
Begovic
Simms
Iwobi
Gbamin
Cannon
Warrington (Loan)
Mills (Loan)
Holgate (Loan)
Maupay (Loan)

Are we stronger now than before the window?
Obviously we have lost some players, but I wouldn’t say we we’re weaker. Our problem is goals, and I truly think we have sorted that now.

what is abundantly clear is that Everton want to reach a point where they can keep their losses to no more than 105 mil over 3 years to comply with FFP

now Covid is over the impact cannot be used an excused if our rolling losses over 3 years exceeds 105 mil

21/22 accounts showed a loss of 44.7 mil
22/23 accounts will include the money from the sale of gordon
then i assume the 23/24 accounts will include the sales from this window which is looking close to being around 60 mil in players sales with Kean, Simms, Nkounkou, Cannon and Iwobi plus loan fees for Maupay, Holgate the compensation money from Chelsea for the academy player, the sell on clause for Nkouku and the John Stones bonus money for Champions League win

on the books its looking like we should be able to comply with FFP quite easily in the period between 21/22 to 23/24 as things stand

wages have been reduced significantly with the likes of Mina, Sigurdsson, Delph, Allan, Richarlison, Iwobi and Gbamin all leaving the club and the majority of Holgate's wages will be covered by Southampton this season as well then in the summer the contracts of Gomes, Doucoure, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young and Gray all expire as well

so far this calendar year the club has made 45 mil from Gordon, 30 mil for Kean, 22 mil for Iwobi, 5 mil for Nkounkou with the sell on fee, 7 mil for Simms, 9 mil for cannon, 4 mil for smith samuels and some money from the Qatar world cup and the bonus for john stones - all in all the club has brought in around 120 mil

the club spent no money in January and apparently we have only spent 15 mil on a loan fee for danjuma and the signing of chermiti from sporting lisbon. The Beto money will be spent next season apparently.

that means that the club has made around 100 mil this year net profit
Whether or not we pay any cash for Beto this year we’ll have to account for 1/5 of his fee (assuming a five year deal?), so knock another 5-point-something mill off that.

Basically, we should be much better off financially now, but we're probably at a push at best with the changes in personnel versus last year's team. I mean, we should have more goals in us now (at least when everyone's healthy), but we're also likely to be giving up more, which kind of cancels out any potential offensive improvement.

On the bright side, the bottom of the league looks quite a bit worse to me this year versus last, so maybe the margin for error is a little bit bigger.

I honestly think relegation is almost inevitable with this squad. People will blame dyche because they’re simple but keeping Everton up with this squad would be incredible because there is no class in it at all.