Summer transfer window 2023

40-50 million + McTominay wouldn't be bad business. If they value him around 35 then it puts it at 75-85 total comp which is fair in this market
If we sell anybody I don't want another teams cast offs I want cash that I can invest in players I want, not just a convenience for the team buying our player.

Because Everton Football Club has financial commitments outside of the 1st team players. All costs have to be covered by the revenue generated by Everton and not just the costs that keep the fans happy
Don't all clubs have financial commitments outside 1st team players? That's not unique to us.

We can get loans to pay for stadium infrastructure costs. We don't have to generate the funds for that by selling players.

Because we’ve run by incompetent clowns for years and we’ve not had a CEO since Michael Dunford that had the first clue about increasing revenues to boost our recruitment.

Bully was only here for the money he could cream off for himself, Elstone was a perennial kidnap victim with Stockholm Syndrome who couldn’t organise his sock drawer, and Denise was a charity collector who wandered into the wrong building but nobody noticed so they gave her Bobby’s desk.

Don't all clubs have financial commitments outside 1st team players? That's not unique to us.

We can get loans to pay for stadium infrastructure costs. We don't have to generate the funds for that by selling players.
Yes, all clubs do and all clubs don't automatically spend all of the money generated through player sales on new players. If you get loans to pay for the stadium the loans need to repaid, where does this money come from to repay the loans and pay the interest?