Summer transfer window 2023

Harrison seems a sold and unspectacular player. If we bring him in and a striker this week then I think we will just be targeting 1 more player. Obviously the striker is still the key...

Can someone explain to me why this club treats August league games like pre-season friendlies and throws lots of points down the drain every season?

I want to hear an explanation from the club on this. And not the usual judge us at the end of the window garbage.
If I was the club and im really not, my answer would be :

"We are signing players to 4/5 year contracts, we are not signing players for August 2023 only."

You wont like that answer and will call the club ferrets, but then we block you Tim, NSNO.

If I was the club and im really not, my answer would be :

"We are signing players to 4/5 year contracts, we are not signing players for August 2023 only."

You wont like that answer and will call the club ferrets, but then we block you Tim, NSNO.
And my response would be that points won in August are just as important as points won in May or any other month

We are a team on the brink of relegation and cannot afford to throw away matches and end up starting terribly again. Any regression on last year means certain relegation

I would also point to the fact leaving business to the final days of a window is a shambolic way to run a top flight football club. And we have often failed in the last few days to get the players we desperately need. Such as the debacle last January where the manager was let down by the incompetence of those above him.

Maybe we should stop handing out 5 year contracts as well, because they often aren't sensible and leave us holding surplus players well after we have stopped using them in the first team.