Summer transfer window 2023

Morning mates.

Welcome to the 1st of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

With the inevitable Che Adam’s rumours starting to surface it’s definitely time to cut to the chase

Everton, Wolves and Bournemouth are keen on Southampton's 27-year-old Scotland striker Che Adams. (Football Insider)

Everton and Fulham have reached a verbal agreement for Demarai Gray which could hand them the green light to pursue Leeds United’s Wilfried Gnonto. According to Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett, Gray is set to make the move to Craven Cottage but will not be officially allowed to leave until a replacement is found.

Leeds winger Wilfred Gnonto is a player Everton have targeted heavily so far this summer but to no avail, seeing a £15 million bid rejected last month. Gnonto remains sceptical of whether a move to Goodison Park would be the next best step in his career, though Gray’s sale could provide Everton with the extra funds needed to meet Leeds’ asking price

Manchester United are considering an attempt to sign Jarrad Branthwaite. That’s according to The Mail+, who believes the Everton defender is one of a few names that has been mentioned at Old Trafford.

Everton made their bid of £12.8million for Sporting CP striker Youssef Chermiti through a businessman, which caught the player by surprise, according to Record. The Portuguese newspaper has reported [01 August, pg 5] that Everton’s offer of £12.8million also included a further £4.2million in bonuses depending on variables such as the number of goals scored by Chermiti.

Everton are already insisting on the transfer of Juventus attacker Samuel Iling Junior, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport. The Italian newspaper has reported in its print edition [01 August, pg 5] that Nottingham Forest are another Premier League side interested in the English wonder.

Everton could rekindle their interest in West Ham star Michail Antonio after the collapse of his Saudi Pro League move, sources have told Football Insider. The publication revealed on Monday (31 July) that he will not join Al Ettifaq – for now – after they moved for ex-Lyon man Moussa Dembele on a free transfer.

In a bid to compete for a satisfactory Serie A finish next season, Cagliari are eager to shore their defense and have shortlisted free agent Yerry Mina. The Colombian is reportedly a top target for Cagliari, who will return to the top flight under the guidance of veteran Claudio Ranieri following a spectacular win over Bari in the play-offs.
I can see this Samuel Iling-Junior fella joining on loan, seems like a bit of an odd one if it's permanent (for both sides). I know it's been heavily reported that we'll still be after a more experienced/senior forward after Youssef Chimichurri but I highly doubt that'll be a loan unless it's for the Weg.

I can see this Samuel Iling-Junior fella joining on loan, seems like a bit of an odd one if it's permanent (for both sides). I know it's been heavily reported that we'll still be after a more experienced/senior forward after Youssef Chimichurri but I highly doubt that'll be a loan unless it's for the Weg.
Juventus are financially up the creek right now, so should be fire-selling their youth to avoid the Italian FA relegating them back to Serie D

I don’t see the point of having DCL, Chermiti, Maupay and then Adams. Adams and Maupay play the same style.

We need pace, if Maupay stays, then Adams is NOT the profile we need to compliment the other guys
Adams and Maupay are nothing like the same style, given they are both crap? Adams is more of a 9 and can hold , shield the ball, Maupay is more of a terrible attacking midfielder, he is never in the box?

....think of Tom Davies & then watch Wharton;

My worry is the step up in pace of the PL and how he would handle it... a few last ditch sliding tackles that players would make a meal of to get fouls/cards.

I think he'd be worth a punt but Blackburn are going to try and pull our pants down over it if we do go for him.

Well that's two GoT notifications that I could do without. Antonio in and Jared out.
At least put in a picture of Gomes in the next one just to take the edge off.

Honestly think that Wharton would be a brilliant signing....very different from what we already have in midfield.
He’s the long term replacement for Gueye we’ve been looking for since we sold him and bought him back.

Priority would have to be the winger/striker though. Lower league teams aren’t mugs, they quite rightly would be asking for a fair wedge for their brightest prospects

He’s the long term replacement for Gueye we’ve been looking for since we sold him and bought him back.

Priority would have to be the winger/striker though. Lower league teams aren’t mugs, they quite rightly would be asking for a fair wedge for their brightest prospects
Wharton would be an excellent signing but I can only see it happening if we make a big sale ourselves

Got very good stats for his age:

Untitled.png