Summer transfer window 2023

…wonder what you have to ‘prepare’. Perhaps it means Thelwell gets a haircut in case they FaceTime.
Maybe he prepares like a weightlifter, deep breathing,pacing,more breathing a bit more pacing. Rubs his hands on the phone then back to deep breathing and pacing

He's done it since day one so he won't change tact now. Ultimate yes man. Villa went out and got Emery and Monchi, we had Thelwell and added Dyche. Look at our respective fortunes since.
Both have improved significantly haven't we since the appointments of the respective managers? Emery has been a bit luckier in terms of results (overperforming xG etc.) whilst Everton has underperformed their xG since he joined.

Have to take into account that Villa have a much superior squad and much more money currently to strengthen.

He's done it since day one so he won't change tact now. Ultimate yes man. Villa went out and got Emery and Monchi, we had Thelwell and added Dyche. Look at our respective fortunes since.
Both have improved significantly haven't we since the appointments of the respective managers? Emery has been a bit luckier in terms of results (overperforming xG etc.) whilst Everton has underperformed their xG since he joined.

Have to take into account that Villa have a much superior squad and much more money currently.

Have to take into account that Villa have a much superior squad and much more money currently to strengthen.
See Emery at Arsenal.

The choice appears to be a bog average PL striker or someone with potential. I am not sure which is the bigger risk because both are. At least with potential you can bleed them into the team but with DCL's fitness we can't rely on him so need more of a solid option. With the budget it's difficult maybe a loan with an option?

Time softens emotions but this feels much more hopeless than the 90's. At least then I felt an affinity to some of the players. Even if they weren't that good I felt that they'd give 100%. The 20's have given us a fairly unlikeable lot.

To be fair I totally wasn’t even thinking about the cup. Which, you know, has been the one of few bright points in the last 33 years