Summer transfer window 2023

That's if you ignore the fact that the teams you quote Juventus Marseille and Fiorentina are seen as a better bet than a team who've dodged relegation last two seasons and little or no money.
Literally mentioned that as a notable distinction. Also fair to note our wage bill and market value is north of 60 to 100 million more than two of those three. The point still stands, I would agree those could appear a more viable destination. But the truth in what we are feasible in doing is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. I dont think we are destined to dramatically overpay on every deal. And most those mentioned still would have warranted decent business on an a higher transfer fee.

Point is Thelwell would be wise to look at cheaper comparable deals over more holes, than spend a lump sum and have the rest free agent adds.

Just got back from Madrid v Man U. There was a Van de Beek sighting (he has not improved…..). Bellingham and Camavinga were absolutely brilliant though. I love Modric, but Madrid has set that midfield up for years to come.

McTominay been mentioned by a few here and he actually was not too bad. He made his presence felt when he came on. Nothing spectacular, but a solid player. Wouldn’t pay more than 20-25m for him though.

Just got back from Madrid v Man U. There was a Van de Beek sighting (he has not improved…..). Bellingham and Camavinga were absolutely brilliant though. I love Modric, but Madrid has set that midfield up for years to come.

McTominay been mentioned by a few here and he actually was not too bad. He made his presence felt when he came on. Nothing spectacular, but a solid player. Wouldn’t pay more than 20-25m for him though.

Different levels of course but Garner(22) and Onana(21) can be our long term midfield pairing.

Patterson(21), Branthwaite(21) and McNeil(23) and we could have 50% of our outfield players u23.

We have to keep adding to this group so a new team can develop and improve together.

The El Bilal Toure(21), Gnonto(19) and Iling-Junior(19) links are promising.

Different levels of course but Garner(22) and Onana(21) can be our long term midfield pairing.

Patterson(21), Branthwaite(21) and McNeil(23) and we could have 50% of our outfield players u23.

We have to keep adding to this group so a new team can develop and improve together.

I was just thinking that Garner and Onana could be our Bellingham and Camavinga.

The links are promisng yes but that's all they are unless and until one or more of them puts the shirt on.

Can't wait to see Henderson's reveal with his Rainbow laces in his boots & Rainbow armband.
Exactly. Qatar was hard to take but at least that was a decision taken by the corruption governing body, not by players. But now we will be seeing some who have expressed support for the LGBTQ+ community in the past choosing to abandon any principles for a Saudi payday. Not to mention ignoring all other human rights abuses. That's why I find calls for 'let's sell him to the Saudis' difficult to stomach. Same goes for 'let's sell him to Newcastle' of course

Links yes; but will we even sign one of them?

Links yes; but will we even sign one of them?
A little over two weeks to go before the first game and virtually no improvement to the team that survived by a whisker last season. Add to that the kindest August and September the fixture gods could have given us. I'm sure after deadline day we'll see a few new faces but by the time they are ready to play our gentle start will be all but over

McTominay is a good robust player, would improve our squad and most teams around us IMO.

He's a better and more technical box to box player that Doucoure is for example. Doesn't have his goal threat mind