Summer transfer window 2023

Yeah, I can, maybe not every game immediately but these clubs can afford to spend big on young players who aren't expected to play every week. I think in a better team with more creative players around him he'd do very well- he does a lot of things on the defensive side very well. There's a reason at a young age he already does more than warm the bench for Belgium.
But will they pay the type of profit that we'd need to buy more seats for BMD?

Lads, Origi is available.

giphy.webp
Looks like he has put a bit of timber on over the summer.

Said exactly the same when we were lining him up in January, on the pitch he did really well under Emery and it seemed a no brainer deal for Villa, so why wasn’t he touching him?

Tbh I’d be surprised if any club was keen on a mandatory buy clause given the character concerns. Milan don’t even really need him, useful cover for them on a loan but I doubt they’d want to sign up for 3 or 4 years at a cost of 25m plus.
As you say, he played really well under Emery and I was excited at the prospect of him joining Villa but the lack of interest in him and the fact that he is available at a relatively low price puts me off him and suggests it is more about the character than the footballing ability