Summer transfer window 2023

“Big Club”. That was the first thing I saw too. Heartbreaking.

Thing is, the lad is 17 years old, born in 2006. What has he seen of Everton during his lifetime? A few top 10 finishes, a couple of relegation battles, battered in two Europa League seasons, no cup final appearances.

Put that up against what Chelsea have done in the same time frame.

We can say “if you know your history” as much as we like, but it’s quickly becoming ancient history. This generation of young players only know us as a mediocre mid-table club.
Exactly. Everton isn't a big club and hasn't been for over 30 years. You cannot be a big club just because you were relevant three decades ago.

It’s mad this club isn’t it….just when you think you can’t feel any lower as a supporter, then you finds there’s a few more levels down to go. I think I’m just going to see where we are at the end of the window but I’m fairly pessimistic about our business this summer. The money require for the stadium, and the lack of cash flow will in my opinion hinder us for at least the next two to three years.

It’s mad this club isn’t it….just when you think you can’t feel any lower as a supporter, then you finds there’s a few more levels down to go. I think I’m just going to see where we are at the end of the window but I’m fairly pessimistic about our business this summer. The money require for the stadium, and the lack of cash flow will in my opinion hinder us for at least the next two to three years.
We can't because we're all crack addicts but it would be better for all of our wellbeing to just ignore Everton for the next 4 weeks or so, and see where things are then. The squad will probably be worse than we'd hope, but probably better than we fear.

We are an established club with a decent fanbase but we haven't been a big club or team for decades if we are honest but the potential is there with a new stadium on the horizon for someone actually runs this club properly. Sadly our window of opportunity to join the mega clubs has probably gone with Farthad(deliberate misspelling)'s utter lunacy and this mismanagement of his mate Bill

Cracking player and why nobody ever took the gamble on him at an earlier age I'll never understand.

Makes you wonder what @davek thoughts were on the lad..
He was a great player who made a difficult position,center half look easy except .The greatest of them all the last of the corinthians Brian Labone.

We are an established club with a decent fanbase but we haven't been a big club or team for decades if we are honest but the potential is there with a new stadium on the horizon for someone actually runs this club properly. Sadly our window of opportunity to join the mega clubs has probably gone with Farthad(deliberate misspelling)'s utter lunacy and this mismanagement of his mate Bill
🤣🤣🤣

I agree but I don't know how sad it is. When we were one of the so-called Big Five football was very different. Our supporters (and many players) came mostly from the city, no sponsorship, no oligarchs or bloodthirsty dictators involved etc. So I'm not at all sure I want to support a mega club. I do want to support a club that is well run, can compete fairly, plays a role in the community and has some decency and dignity about it. We're a long way from that, I know

I agree but I don't know how sad it is. When we were one of the so-called Big Five football was very different. Our supporters (and many players) came mostly from the city, no sponsorship, no oligarchs or bloodthirsty dictators involved etc. So I'm not at all sure I want to support a mega club. I do want to support a club that is well run, can compete fairly, plays a role in the community and has some decency and dignity about it. We're a long way from that, I know
Oh for sure I despise modern footy in many ways especially the mega clubs, as you say would just settle for being well run instead of a catastrophic clown show. We need the owner and chairman out for a start

The legitimate itk poster, Tofeenut released a cryptic message with the words "young and beautiful" then people literally interpreted the young part as we're signing Ashley young because of our flawed transfer history, I don't think there's anything in it unless some new collaborating evidence emerged recently unbeknownst to me, but it's created hours of exhausting speculative discourse already due the lack of concrete transfer news....
Surely at this stage it’d have to be disappointing if he doesn’t sign??!!

joking aside, I’d be ok with it for 12 months. Decent back for a club in our position and want to see funds spent on forwards. I’d rather him at RB than hol gate…

We absolutely need to get this window right....

What if we get a transfer ban as of October from the corrupt PL? No signings can be made in January so this current team will need to see us to next summer...

If that happens almost certain we will be going down bottom of the league.
City have 115 charges. They ain’t getting a transfer ban. Surely even we can’t with one charge…. Wasn’t it tax related?