Summer transfer window 2023

He's a PL player. He wont be leaving Everton for anyone other than our relegation rivals - at worst.

He comes up with vital goals. Why on earth would we get rid of him and replace him with an unknown quantity?
Vital goals 🤣 he got one goal in the last 35 games and that was because he slipped and had to shot. Had he not he would have done what he normally does, 10 step overs and then crowed out by defenders laughing their heads off

So let me get this clear so far.

We have a DOF who isn’t a DOF, he is a line manager.

We have a chairman who said he doesn’t run the club but our owner begged him to stay on and run the club after everyone else left.

We have a squad of about 10 players return to pre-season training along with a manager who’s still in a K hole from Glastonbury.

We have an owner who’s trying to sell the club but has put himself on an interim board that’s due to remain in place for an unspecified amount of time.

We apparently have a mysterious investment from an external consortium pending which people vaguely allude to sometimes and then stop talking about for 4 weeks.

We have 1 left back and 3 goalkeepers, one of which is 40 years old.

We are selling the academy off to seemingly fund the signing of a 32 year old on £100k a week.

We have a midfielder that we can’t afford to play because it’ll trigger a payment to his former club.

I am optimistic.

Its Ashley Young on a free, did well for Villa last year despite the age - not actually a terrible signing in our situation
What position tho would not want him at lb, backup out wide maybe but not to sold on him
He's a PL player. He wont be leaving Everton for anyone other than our relegation rivals - at worst.

He comes up with vital goals. Why on earth would we get rid of him and replace him with an unknown quantity?
Think he will go just dont think dyche wants him here was just the best option we had. I want two wingers to come in and i think we could get better than gray

We have a chairman who said he doesn’t run the club but our owner begged him to stay on and run the club after everyone else left.

We have a squad of about 10 players return to pre-season training along with a manager who’s still in a K hole from Glastonbury.

We have an owner who’s trying to sell the club but has put himself on an interim board that’s due to remain in place for an unspecified amount of time.

We apparently have a mysterious investment from an external consortium pending which people vaguely allude to sometimes and then stop talking about for 4 weeks.

We are selling the academy off to seemingly fund the signing of a 32 year old on £100k a week.

We have a midfielder that we can’t afford to play because it’ll trigger a payment to his former club.

I am optimistic.
Well, when you put it like that
!!! ... Yeah we are in for a storming season.

I am optimistic.
nailed it

He mainly plays RB now and we have 2 of them and cover from garner. If you’re on the wind up, then fair play I fell for it

True but he's exceptionally versatile - can play further forward on either flank and give us some defensive solidity + legs, which in turn allows us to move Iwobi back into the centre of the park; think we were very, very lucky to not lose Iwobi to injury in the run-in last year because we have zero replacement in terms of covering the ground on the right flank.

Also a model professional on the cheap, who has been involved in every situation one can be in as a footballer - multiple league winner, relegated, etc. See Villa fans reaction to him being released and you'll come round