Summer transfer window 2023

Way things are shaping up I think we'll get 2-3 players in during the last two weeks of the month and then any other business left until the deadline.

I don't see things stepping up on the transfer front until pre-season games start. The only clues we'll get, if any, will be from Dyche's interviews from the games.

Since January we have brought in sales from;
Gordon £40m, Kean £25m, Broadhead, £1.5m, now Samuels-Smith £4m. That’s £70m.
Wages saved; Rondon £50k, Mina £110k, Gordon £30k, Townsend £50k, Begovic £20k, Davies £20k, Coady £50k, Vinagre £20k
So we’re net 70 million better off in transfer dealings and net £350k a week better off in wages saved.
Plus the likely sale of Simms and Gray meant there must be some wriggle room now for incomings. If that leads to the likes of Rodrigo, Ndiaye and Gnonto coming in then I’d be reasonably happy. But these moves need to happen in the next week or so, not at the end of August.

Look back to this time last year, it was a surprise when ISS signed a contract, he was expected to leave with Martinez. I presume us taking on his brother kept him here for another year, but he was always looking to leave. He is an outstanding prospect, we are not an outstanding developer of young players, therefore he had to move. We received a very good fee for someone of his age, let's not slag him off but hope he becomes the player he wants to be, and move on.

Wages saved; Rondon £50k, Mina £110k, Gordon £30k, Townsend £50k, Begovic £20k, Davies £20k, Coady £50k, Vinagre £20k
So we’re net 70 million better off in transfer dealings and net £350k a week better off in wages saved.
Plus the likely sale of Simms and Gray meant there must be some wriggle room now for incomings. If that leads to the likes of Rodrigo, Ndiaye and Gnonto coming in then I’d be reasonably happy. But these moves need to happen in the next week or so, not at the end of August.
Correct...

Keeping Bill Kenwright on for his experience and knowledge seems to be going well. Something that annoys me is when some organisation makes a mistake for the umpteenth time they trot out the over used adage “lessons have been learned “ and that measures have been put in place to ensure this never happens again.
At Everton we don’t bother with that because we don’t learn, we don’t change. We just rinse and repeat and keep our fingers crossed that things will be fine. This time things won’t be fine, unless something substantial happens we will be relegated and we will deserve to be relegated.
l am hoping things are happening behind the scenes but experience tells me we will target players who won’t come to us and then panic in the closing days of the window and make a couple of signings of wholly unsuitable players just to save face. It has become the Everton way, it is the Bill Kenwright way.

Personally thought he was the best prospect out the current crop.
A huge shame that we cannot keep our best players from the big clubs anymore, we had only recently lost Emilio Lawrence to Manchester City.

Just goes to show that we’re never going to compete ever again with the current crop or big clubs, unless we get some really dirty money.

we’ve been selling our best young players to clubs with more money since year 2000.

The FFP has pulled up the ladder now, that’s why it was brought in, to protect the status quo.

Regardless of how rich our owner is, if we can’t increase revenue, we will never be able to compete again.

Thought we weren’t skint Zat

We’re at the stage of looking under the couch cushions for pennies

Idk how much the club / Moshiri has to use this summer. All i know are 2 things:

1: Under FFP we are allowed to spend somewhere between £30-50mil this summer.

2: We made bids for £30-40mil players in Jan with obligations this summer

Look back to this time last year, it was a surprise when ISS signed a contract, he was expected to leave with Martinez. I presume us taking on his brother kept him here for another year, but he was always looking to leave. He is an outstanding prospect, we are not an outstanding developer of young players, therefore he had to move. We received a very good fee for someone of his age, let's not slag him off but hope he becomes the player he wants to be, and move on.
Agreed we don't get many coming through into the first team but under the new management at Chelsea is he likely to break through there either? Just sounds like a young lad has had his head turned by the big city and cash no surprise but he can't have gone there because his prospects of first team footy are better.

I never understand why we always hesitate so much. We've known for the best part of a year how desperate we are for a striker, the deals should have been in place for them on day 1.

It's almost like we wait until the transfer window opens to begin our scouting.

You're not telling me all these new scouts Thelwell has painstakingly put together are pissed at the club within weeks.

Now the hierarchy is a different story.
No idea what scouts they are and how many there is. But the ones who've been there years are stressed out and undervalued. I'd imagine it's stuff like this (kid being to Chelsea, others brought through and straight to another club without being tested in the first team...even though the first team is at an all time low in terms of quality) that does it.

We'll only know in a few years if this is good business or not.

We are probably in a position where we cannot turn down £4m for a player is yet to play first team football. This is a result of many years of poor recruitment and excess spending. If this helps us to sign a forward then it is unfortunately something we need to do.

We still have time to be ready for the new season but we need two forwards in the next 3-4 weeks. It's time for the owner and chairman to finally give the manager and DOF the backing they need. I am not optimistic, but we're going to have to see where we are a week before the first match.

Agreed we don't get many coming through into the first team but under the new management at Chelsea is he likely to break through there either? Just sounds like a young lad has had his head turned by the big city and cash no surprise but he can't have gone there because his prospects of first team footy are better.
He is more likely to play in the premier league. If you are a centre back ( he is not a left back), you look at the club that can develop in your position. They have brought through Levi Colwill, Marc Guehi, Trevor Chalobah, that's more than any other premiership team. If he played further forward, you would look at City. As supporters, we are always disappointed to lose a young player, but in terms of his career, it's probably the right move.