Summer transfer window 2023

Is Myko the projected starting LB for next season or do you think we will try and sign someone?
I’d look to sell him on, if possible. Not premier league quality. And I don’t think using McNeil as a full back, is helpful to the team, in terms of his quality further forward.

Wouldn’t be my first move of the market, striker the main target, but if we have room for movement at LB I’d like to see us improve

Vardy is not what he once was at all.
Pretty sure he was on a barren run until Keane was up against him.
He'll finish up at Leicester.
A few rumours earlier on in the season that vardy could make a switch to Bristol city to link up with Nigel Pearson. I’ve always believed more chance of Pearson going back fo
Leicester though.

I’d keep Godfrey. He’s been unlucky with being played out of position constantly, or having a different defensive partner. Still only young, great pace.

Everyone else I agree with
His only asset is his pace. His positioning is simply awful. Don’t know where he should play as he isn’t physically dominant enough as a CB.

The articles from the last 48hrs suggest we’ll only have 20-30m for transfers - before anyone is sold - and considering we need additions in every department it’s obvious we’ll need to target some free transfers, so any actual money is saved for a centre forward like Gyokores.

Dyche said in the post-match press conference he wants players who understand the club/Premier League, and the Mark Douglas leak that they’ll be targeting power and pace.

Left-back https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...ion_id=4&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

My pick - Ryan Manning. This could be an excellent piece of business. 26 yo LB/LWB and Swansea’s player of the year

Right-back https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...ion_id=5&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

My pick - Joel Veltman. You could argue Patterson & Coleman is enough, but both have fitness issues. Veltman can also play right of three man CB defence and he brings the experience we’d lose if Coady goes back to Wolves

Centre-mid https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans..._id=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

My pick - Jefferson Lerma. Nothing spectacular, but has tonnes of PL experience, is a nasty sh*thouse and has weighed in with a handful of goals this season. Would also allow us to move on Onana without too much damage if we need to sell-to-buy. If things are really desperate I wouldn’t be surprised if they took a 12 month punt on either Ramsey or Barkley as well.

Winger https://www.transfermarkt.com/trans...on_id=99&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

My pick - Ryan Kent. I fear Thelwell will go for Traore due to the Wolves links. Kent seems to be a safer though. From the area and at a good age. Shame about the Kopite connections.

None of the above are meant to be anything other than realistic suggestions. Of course I’d rather pick the likes of Kamada or Ndicka, but it’s just not going to happen. At least this would leave the actual money towards a striker. Then hopefully they can get some cash for Maupay, Gomes & Keane to add a bit more

His only asset is his pace. His positioning is simply awful. Don’t know where he should play as he isn’t physically dominant enough at a CB.
His positioning is awful when playing right or left back, don’t believe he’s been given a fair crack at cb, with a settled partner

Do you think we’ll sell Calvert Lewin this window? If so, with his injuries seeming to be worse than ever, what price would we be looking at for him? Feel the days of a big offer are gone, when we were quoting 40+ to Arsenal etc?

I’d keep Godfrey. He’s been unlucky with being played out of position constantly, or having a different defensive partner. Still only young, great pace.

Everyone else I agree with
Great pace. Too bad he's utter garbage at the football malarky though.

(Thought he showed promise in his first season but enough time has passed now to see he's awful. We paid £25m for a Championship defender and that is exactly what we got).

Is Myko the projected starting LB for next season or do you think we will try and sign someone?
I think Dyche is absolutely invested in the frontline so I think he will prioritize winger and striker first. Pace and power which leads me to believe he wants to build his identity before he focuses on the support positions. Myko will almost certainly be the first choice left back. If I had to take a gander I could see us going for a center back to pair with Tarks (which let’s be honest would be massive as well).

We need to at least fill out the fullback positions with solid loans in case of injuries. We can’t be left bare there again. While I’m fully convinced Myko isn’t good enough (at least yet), we need to at least do something.

Does that mean we shouldn't expect much till after that date?

IMG_5729.jpeg

….a reminder that deals involving foreign clubs can only be finalised after 1st July.