Summer transfer window 2023

I didnt see it yesterday but Brighton seem to be signing Joao Pedro from Watford £30mil.

He's the player we should have signed in the last 2 windows.

Disappointing and still the main position we need to strengthen.
There are some stories down here that they're going to sign Alex Scott from Bristol City next.

Quite eye opening to look at the business Brighton seem to do consistently and compare it with ours.

The deals we do never seem to include any joined up thinking.
It's very frustrating, they just think 2 moves ahead with every transfer and we can barely get any right.

It's very frustrating, they just think 2 moves ahead with every transfer and we can barely get any right.

The funny thing is, if the DOF just monitored the players that posters discuss in these threads we'd probably have a far superior squad.

Scott and Pedro alone have been mentioned for quite a long time now...

...some of the dross weve signed were instantly dismissed e.g Iwobi, Bolasie to just throw out two big money useless wide players.

We seem to have been linked to a few championship players so that may stand us in good stead as at least weve been scouting there.

The funny thing is, if the DOF just monitored the players that posters discuss in these threads we'd probably have a far superior squad.

...some of the dross weve signed were instantly dismissed e.g Iwobi, Bolasie to just throw out two big money useless wide players.

We seem to have been linked to a few championship players so that may stand us in good stead as at least weve been scouting there.
They did listen to the posters on here.

They signed James Garner, they signed Gana, they signed Neal Maupay.

Inconsistent?

In 16.64 games worth of mins hes got 8 goals. Thats 22 goals worth over a season.

Doesnt sound average to me? I dont think anyone has said anything like the part ive bolded.

What I would say is that people are praising Newcastle and thats due to their spine...

Pope -- Botman -- Guimaraes -- Joelinton -- Isak

It doesnt matter what league/division youre in, you always start with the Mourinho approach to improve the spine first.
It doesnt sound average because you are using stats to form your opinion. You can flip those stats any way you want (like saying he didnt score in his first 8 or so games for them) He would be playing with different players too. You cant just say he would get 22 goals, thats madness.

There are well better strikers in that league at this current time. Cannon could end up being great and he would certainly be involved in the squad but if we want to come straight back up we would need a bit more experience.

I'm not sure what the rest of your post has to do with what I said? You do like a multi post response though so I assume something has just got messed up?

It doesnt sound average because you are using stats to form your opinion. You can flip those stats any way you want (like saying he didnt score in his first 8 or so games for them) He would be playing with different players too. You cant just say he would get 22 goals, thats madness.

There are well better strikers in that league at this current time. Cannon could end up being great and he would certainly be involved in the squad but if we want to come straight back up we would need a bit more experience.

I'm not sure what the rest of your post has to do with what I said? You do like a multi post response though so I assume something has just got messed up?

It was more about highlighting how his goalscoring numbers look to be at a high standard there after settling in. He's also getting some 'rave' reviews. Any new signing of course is playing with different players and manager.

The part about the spine was a counter point about your comment on "people think we can just play with kids and walk the championship".

If we stay up, we need to improve the spine and if we go down, we need to improve the spine.

I agree Cannon shouldnt be seen as a 1st choice either way. At the very least, if we stay up we need an attacking midfielder and a centre forward...and its the same if we go down.

I’d settle for a DOF who played fifa 23 career mode at this point.