Summer transfer window 2023

Im good mate, its the minority of posters who do nothing but moan about everything 24/7 that need to take a step back and ask themselves is supporting EFC the right thing for their well being at the moment in their lives ?

Because if I was angry 24/7 with something I would sack it off and go take up a membership at Blundells Hill golf course or badminton.

I am in a wonderful place of Zen at the moment and its difficult to focus at times when you have the same stress heads pecking yer brain with unnecessary negativity. 🤷‍♂️

So it's all our fault then ? Thanks for clearing that up FB. ;)

No I mean if his release clause is £34m but we want to pay in installments we'll have to pay like £37m or something. Same thing Chelsea did with Jackson.
I believe thats why we are negotiating with them, we want to pay in installments, and dont want to pay over the 34m. Chelsea agreed to the extra amount, its not required, but the release clause doesnt actually trigger unless its a full payment.

It was a bad compilation it's true but that doesn't really mean anything imo.

Most of those YouTube videos are probably made in about 20 minutes to get views from a fresh transfer rumour.

I agree this is a much better investment than the other names we've been linked with and is the sort of business we should be looking to do

Easier for cash flow but not sure on ffp.

You still have to write off the full transfer fee over the contract. That would be 40m whether we pay 40m in one go or 4 instalments x 10m.
I think you are right on this, its easier for cash flow(and that way they dont have to pay 20-30m of it until the stadium is built). For FFP everything is amortized anyway, its the "Amortization of Player Registrations" line you see in the Accounts.

Anyone can say that though.

Man Utd should have signed Casemeiro for 2 quid 10 years ago. Look at City signing Grealish for £100m - they **should** have identified his quality when Villa were in the Championship and willing to sell at a 1/3rd of the price.

Those two clubs don’t need to take risks. They don’t need to worry about transfer fees. They can afford to buy ready made, complete players. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Yeh but why would Almeria agree to a lower fee than the release clause in installments.
Depends on how much they think someone else will pay for him. If no one else is willing to trigger the release clause, and the most they would offer is 30m, Almeria make 4m by agreeing to it. If someone else triggers the release clause then they wouldn't obviously.

The release clause is €40m. Sacha seems to suggest we have met it but presumably there is no agreement yet on payment terms. The €4.3m pa is wages which = £3.7m or about £67.5k per week.
In my years of utterly wasting my life playing Football Manager I think release clauses generally mean 1 payment of the clause, they're obligated to let him go for that, like what happened with Chelsea with Kepa and PSG with Neymar, however I don't think they're obligated to accept a structured deal at that price so that's probably the sticking price. Was it Pepe at Arsenal where they paid more than the release clause just so they could structure it better? Think this will probably be the same situation or at least similar.