Summer transfer window 2023

Not sure how Southampton can buy a player for £20m in January, see him not set the world on fire, get relegated and then demand £30m for him 6 months later. That's a mad deal. He's young and has potential but would be a strange deal. I know Gnonto is a quick turnaround of small fee to big fee but he seems much more of a player suited to the league that we've seen.

Some awful shouts in here.

Especially those worried about losing Iwobi.

I, for one, won't miss his powerful runs followed by the endless sloppy balls into the middle of the park or aimless crosses hitting the first man.

….£20m is fantastic business for a player I’ve always criticised but we need to replace him with genuine quality.

Not sure how Southampton can buy a player for £20m in January, see him not set the world on fire, get relegated and then demand £30m for him 6 months later. That's a mad deal. He's young and has potential but would be a strange deal. I know Gnonto is a quick turnaround of small fee to big fee but he seems much more of a player suited to the league that we've seen.
You’ve pretty much described our fans with Onana and the £70m shouts.

Who do we need to punt after iwobi and cannon?

Gbamin = Cadiz
Gray = Saudi
Maupay + Gomes = Were linked to France earlier in the window

Is that it? Just down to 4 (if we ignore Keane/Godfrey) ?
Earlier on I would have said Dele, but I suppose his injury stops that, not to mention his other issues.

If we can get another forward in, it might be prudent to let Dobbin go on loan, but maybe that leaves us short.

But yeah, Gomes, Gmbamin and Gray seem to be the most pressing issues, short term.