Summer transfer window 2023

Im a little bit confused here.

Why does wanting Iwobi to stay or go have any bearing on Cornet?

I mean, I think Iwobi is a proper donkey and id be glad to never see him (and several others) in another teams shirt.

But why compare to Cornet who is utter dog dirt? He was not good for Lyon, was not good for Burnley outside of a freak 3-4months and has not been good for West Ham.

Im not pointing fingers but I genuinely dont believe anyone rating him or wanting him has ever seen him play -- or hasnt really 'watched him'.

Its a diabolical rumour and im glad Bobble said hes like a worst case option.

If we sign him it will be like burning money.
Have you ever posted on this site without multi quoting zat?

The point is Iwobi is literally being sold for £20m + add ons and this lad is coming in on loan for basically nothing. Cornet will be a depth player for us and play most his games at left back, according to some Iwobi is the second coming of Kevin De Bruyne. The reality is on the wings, where Iwobi plays, Cornet is verifiably just as good as Iwobi if not better as he can actually score, is more versatile and is 100% on far less wages.

Most logical people would take them in a straight swap, nevermind getting a £20m profit for us. Again no one is saying Cornet is very good, or that good at all, he's just better than Iwobi who's utter crap.

I mean I’ve just objectively shown that not to be the case so he must be utter crap also.

I never rated Iwobi at Arsenal.
We massively overpaid for him , having spent an entire transfer window chasing Zaha at Palace.
I have seen no reason to change my mind about him.
Last year of his contract , after which he will be leaving on a free.
Need to accept any reasonable bid for him , but must reinvest the money in the squad before the end of this window , and not revert to Kenwright's normal antics.
One last effort for Gnonto perhaps , or even a move for Bakayoko or Sulemana , or a CB . Fingers crossed.