Summer transfer window 2023

It’s scary how long ago we brought in Sidibe and Martina to replace Coleman, and he’s still our best right back.

Personally always thought we should've bought Sidibe. He cost less than Patterson (higher wages) and we would've had 2 premiership level players. He was a bit of a mad-head like but got 4 assists in a season.

But brands felt Kenny and Holgate would save us money lol

Regardless... we've only ever spent decent money on Digne in terms of fullbacks for over 10 years +

You can't just terminate a contract. The player needs to agree and why would they do that? It's them giving up millions.

Think he means in agreement with the players. You pay them 60-70% (I've completely made them figures up as an example) and you tell them they're free to find a new club.

You are indeed correct that the player has to agree, but it's a great offer for a player. Gomes, for example, could get say, an amount equivelant to 50k p/w off us, and then negotiate a new contract elsewhere and probably bag himself a few hundred grand from a signing on fee. He would probably also get a 2-3 year contract which is no doubt important, if a player actually wants to earn as much as they possibly can,

Granted though, some players do seem to care just as little about money as they do about football once they get to a certain level of wealth. Every single player who has not fulfilled their potential through lack of effort or discipline has basically cost themselves vast amounts of money, yet we still see them fall by the wayside all too often.

I think we'll see 2, maybe 3 if Iwobi goes. A winger, an attacking midfielder and a defender.
We also need a CDM, a 2 new full backs but that ain't gonna happen.
I don't think we are capable of targeting, approaching, negotiating, finalising deals for 3 players with 1.5 days left. We just aren't that efficient
Would love to be wrong mind