Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think we will struggle to break top 6 but improve on last year.

7th then?

You also don't think we are a laughing stock by throwing rash, impossible bids in and ending up grasping at whatever we can take on the last day? Waiting 3 months for Zouma, before bidding for Smalling a day before the window closes and coming away with Rojo for nearly as much as paid for Kean?

Sound. I'm actually glad some people see the positives. Imagine how dour it would be if everyone was unimpressed with our failures.
Good god man go and jump in the river and cool down.

We've signed Gomes on a permanent. Brought in one of the best young attackers in European football. Added quality depth to our midfield and potentially brought in a quality player (if he can prove his fitness) to challenge Seamus at right back..

I'm disappointed we seem to have missed out on replacing Zouma in the squad but Gbamin can cover there and Mina and Keane first choice is not a downgrade on last year. I'm disappointed that we lost Geuye but we have Delph and Gbamin that offer different qualities.

I think we have a better all round squad than last year and a better starting XI as we've sorted the striker situation out. I think that we can break the top 6 but it will be a struggle and we'll need to be lucky with injuries to key players, especially up top. If we come 7th and get closer to the teams above with a points total in the mid 60s, then that's a success yes. If you look at where we were under Allardyce just over 12 months ago then we've made fantastic strides forward. When you consider that this summers business has probably broken even, we have money to spend in the next window if the right player is available.

I don't give a toss about the bids we've made. It shows we've been aggressive in the market and no way are we a laughing stock. The one thing I'm not happy with is that we don't appear to have had a proper back up plan, but the window is still open so fingers crossed we can still bring in a decent wide man before it shuts.

I was hoping this window was going to be a 9/10 this morning, but for me it is still a solid 7/10, especially when you consider we have broken even cash wise.

No we just roll over and sell our good ones when the opportunity comes

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. We have always got good money for our players. Who have we sold this season by rolling over? Gueye was pretty much sorted out over a few months, Lookman and Vlasic were barely squad members. We have no jibbed off anyone else of note have we?

Heads have to roll...this is incompetence at the highest level...sold lookman and replaced him with nobody...sold gana and replaced him with a player with potential that might be good but could also be terrible in the premier league...every window is the same moshiri or not...I say it again...if rich gets a bad injury we are in trouble...plus if rich has another good season I would not blame him next summer that he wants European football

Absolute bunch of cry baby morons on here tonight. We didnt sign zaha for 80million pounds, a player only 26% of the forum wanted yet everyone is cry arsing around and writing the season off.

Nobody on here has any idea how gbamin, kean, sidibe will perform, let's give em a chance and at least let them kick a ball in a competitive game for us before saying they're not good enough.

Behave lad. The club are constantly going on about ambition and European football and here we are scraping around for a loan CB. If the club offered what CP wanted earlier in the window, then we would of got him.

The amount of transfer negotiation experts on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

I only hope Brands is paying attention to this thread so he can learn from the wisdom.

It's not being a transfer expert to expect us to have back ups.

He's failed on this one. There's no doubt about it. Barring a massive change in the next 45 minutes and I'll happily eat my words.

From Zaha +Zouma to just Rojo is a bit disappointing. Even if we didnt get Zaha I was hoping we'd have an alternative lined up even on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.