• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
under 90 minutes to go now.

As things stand currently, this squad simply is not good enough.

Hundreds of games watched with the like of Drenthe, Osman, Heitinga or Niasse and you've still got the tenacity to complain about where we stand right now?

Sure the motto is NSNO and all but i for one feel like we are stronger than last year, cant wait to see how this goes.

Not a good final day so far.

If Rojo or no one is it then unfortunately its the first blip against Brands so hoping he pulls something out of nowhere because we already know January will be quiet as he doesn't see it as value for money in that market.

Don't think we're in as bad a position as some but going into a season with Walcott and Mirallas as our only back up wingers is about as grim as it gets.

totally disagree but we'll see what happens. Without Zaha we won't get close to a Champions League place, and without any new wide man whatsoever I think we'll also struggle to break the top 6. But we'll definitely get closer to it and confident we'll improve on last year.

Overall we have a better squad with more quality IMO.

So you think we will struggle to break top 6 but improve on last year.

7th then?

You also don't think we are a laughing stock by throwing rash, impossible bids in and ending up grasping at whatever we can take on the last day? Waiting 3 months for Zouma, before bidding for Smalling a day before the window closes and coming away with Rojo for nearly as much as paid for Kean?

Sound. I'm actually glad some people see the positives. Imagine how dour it would be if everyone was unimpressed with our failures.

I don’t think we could have done much more with regard to getting zaha. His agent needs sacking (even if it is his brother) a gentlemen’s agreement means nothing. He should have had a clause inserted in his last contract, that is legally binding. We have put all our eggs in one basket, zaha wanted to come here, but palace refused to sell. I’m more annoyed about zouma to be honest, we knew weeks ago he wasn’t coming and immediately should have made this a priority area, as it is we’re scratching around with a couple of hours to go, for United’s 5th choice centre half who can’t stay fit. Brands has taken a lot of credit since he’s been at the club, but he’s made a mess of this frankly.

It’s crazy.. once we completed Kean I feel nothing but serenity.. yeah others would be nice but expecting us to complete the job in this window is maybe a rich greedy.

I think the fact that Zaha was linked and bid on has again raised expectations... our starting 11 is undoubtedly better than last season. Issue is our backup is more limited... but even that is debatable. I’m excited that there might be a chance for some golden boys to get a run.

First eleven compared to last season -
Exactly the same other than:

Mina for Zouma. - less reliable you would say
Kean for DCL - a definite upgrade but still a raw 19 year old kid
Gbamin for Gueye. - Who knows, but a huge job to emulate Gueye.

‘Undoubtedly better’? Not for me.

United and Leicester ruined this with slab head.

Palace were looking 50-60 mill for Zaha when Arsenal were sniffing around, but once Maguire went for that fee it was game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.