Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking, things have improved under Brands, but the club's foreign scouting network is clearly still not fit for purpose.

They should honestly be embarrassed by their list of centre-back targets:

1. Kurt Zouma
2. Phone United

None of us have a clue about how the club is run in this regard or who we have contacted.

People trying to be positive...

I'm sorry, but at this point, I don't think we've done great at all. If we had made the same signings but managed to shift all the deadwood, I would say it was a start, but other than Kean, have we really strengthened? I wasn't Gueyes biggest fan, but his replacement is untested in this league. A backup Right back, a back up Keeper (while i'm still not convinced about the 1 he's back up to), and Delph, who is now injured.

It seems like that plan we had in March has either fell apart dramatically or the entire plan was "Sign Moise Kean".

I'm not sure Zaha was part of the plan, and if it was, why did we wait till the end of July to make our 1st bid, and then wait nearly 2 weeks before making the 2nd? I'm not even convinced he's the player we need, and I think his value is hugely inflated. But if they wanted him so badly, we should either have paid what they asked for or gone in earlier, or both. Making big bids for anyone and everyone with days and hours to go looks massively desperate and unprofessional, and it's not even like they are all similar players or even for the same position.

With 2 hours left, we look like a laughing stock and I'm genuinely worried going into the season. Unlike others, I'm not convinced by all the talk of our form at the end of the season, because I don't think the results told the whole of the story. Our squad seriously lacks quality and depth, and I genuinely think we are going to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.