Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, anyone seriously believing the Iwobi links? Just can't imagine giving up on Zaha this late in the window and only have Iwobi lined up as an alternative. Especially after we supposedly turned down the chance to sign Éverton Soares last week.

Maybe it's just sky panicking that we have done good business, are looking to further improve are squad and they want to belittle us again by linking us to players well below the standard?

Maybe Sky are just going off Jim White's twitter? They have a vast expanse of screen time to fill and not much news.

would go with Ake over Zaha for this season.
we've got enough forwards and mids to go out and do the dancing
very little to defend the castle though - and he's left footed.

how long since we've had a proper left footed CB?

Watching ssn now
Everton withdraw from talks with doucoure
Everton load bid for Smalling turned down
Everton bid for iwobi
iWobi bid rejected

Is anyone else doing any business or just us ??

I think the real question is, is anyone else having lies spread about them?

Hand on my heart this smacks of sky wetting themselves at us getting decent players in.

Imagine us getting kean, zaha, gbamin ect and their beloved Liverpool only signing some 16 year old with a half faded in buzz cut and a fringe like something about Mary.

My agent has just informed me that Everton have bid for me on loan for a year.

Have advised I’m interested, but weighing up options.

Jim White set to confirm.

Will go to the wire, this one.

IF we have made these bids (which I doubt), I don’t think they’re as scattergun and panic-ridden as the bedwetters are all screaming about.

Anyone talking about “Plan F” all the way to “Plan Z” has it right, IMO:

We had a list of targets and we’re well down it in terms of a couple of positions. The bids themselves serve dual purposes - To potentially sign players that, even though they’re not our first choice, fit our system according to Marcel and Marco, and to test the resolve of the clubs that have rejected bids for our first choice players.

Palace seem like they’re desperate for cash at the minute so seeing us making a concrete bid for an alternative when there’s £70m of Usmanov’s filthy lucre calling their name and a clock counting down from about 29hrs as we speak is going to show us what they’re made of.

In any event we’ll fill the positions and, given their transfer record so far, I’ll trust in M&M no matter how flaccid the prospect of Smalling in royal blue makes me.

Here is the full text of the latest Paul Joyce article for anyone who cannot access it - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...to-leave-crystal-palace-for-everton-xrc3h3gtd

Wilfried Zaha pushing to leave Crystal Palace for Everton

Wilfried Zaha is pushing for a move to Everton, leaving Crystal Palace facing a test of nerve over whether to keep the forward.

Palace have been steadfast that the Ivory Coast international is not for sale, but that stance will come under renewed strain in the countdown to tomorrow’s transfer deadline as Zaha’s desire to leave hardens.

Everton’s ambition under their owner Farhad Moshiri means they are willing to strike a club-record deal for the 26-year-old, though they are dependent on Palace buckling in the next 24-hours in order to do so.

Palace value Zaha at a minimum of £80 million, aware that the winger’s presence could be the difference between staying in the Premier League or not. Remaining in the top flight is worth £120 million to clubs.

However, the decision they must make depends on whether the player’s determination to quit Selhurst Park means his commitment over the coming months to Palace’s cause would be negligible or if he could be reintegrated sufficiently.

The two clubs have traditionally had a good relationship and have been in discussions this week over a deal for midfielder James McCarthy, 28, to move to London. That is set to go through independently.

But Everton’s interest in Zaha has placed a strain on matters ahead of Saturday’s Premier League opener between the teams.

Everton manager Marco Silva wants a left-footed wide man to play on the right flank but has so far been frustrated in his efforts to recruit one.

Similarly, Silva’s interest in Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure, 26, has also run hit a wall with two bids, the latest worth £36.7 million, rejected. He still wants a centre half, while France international Djibril Sidibe will undergo a medical today to seal a season-long loan from AS Monaco.

Carl Jenkinson, 27, has agreed to join Nottingham Forest on a three-year contract becoming their eighth signing this summer in the process. The full back becomes the latest Arsenal defender to leave the club after Laurent Koscielny signed for Bordeaux on Tuesday.

Ollie Watkins’s proposed move to Crystal Palace has fallen through. The 23-year-old winger scored 12 goals and provided nine assists in 45 appearances for Brentford last season and is valued at £15 million. After being awarded the EFL Young Player of the Year in 2017 Watkins was signed from Exeter City for £1.8 million.

SSN getting chaotic! Everton bidding for everyone ? PANIC ??? MASS HYSTERIA

Meanwhile at an undisclosed location:

Status
Not open for further replies.