Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With having a 40m bid for Doucoure rejected and big bids for Zaha also rejected, one thing we know is we have decent money to spend.

If we still push for these two up until the deadline and don’t get them and end up with nothing else, then we didn’t have alternatives lined up and that would be poor.

They’ve had all summer.

Im not sure how your message relates specifically to the 2 giant bids for Zaha and Doucoure ?

Both proven prem players...

My point is that it seems clear were overpaying for proven league players with these bids seeking a push for top 4.
You said there's an issue with Brands looking for proven Premier League players. I'm saying there isn't when at least half the time he goes outside the league. You can't say that's an issue with our dealings because these two specific players happen to fit.

Not the end of the world if no other players come in other than Sidibe. The squad is much stronger than the end of last season.

Hmm controversial, lookman, zouma and gana Gaye out, yes got a much needed striker in Kean fingers crossed.
Much stronger squad, not sure on that one

How do you know Gbamin isn’t going to be miles better then Gana? And Lookman didn’t contribute a thing, we’ve lost nothing there.
I don't know, but gana was an extremely good player who was closer to 30 years old, that PSG chased over 2 transfer windows. Then offered 30m for him. I'm no scout but I would say he's rated.

Also Silva feels he needs decourea from Watford to strengthen.

Haven't bought anyone on to replace lookman.
Haven't bought anyone in to replace Zouma.

Still 36hrs left, however compared to last season I wouldn't sat the *squad* is stronger

Just my humble opinion

You said there's an issue with Brands looking for proven Premier League players. I'm saying there isn't when at least half the time he goes outside the league. You can't say that's an issue with our dealings because these two specific players happen to fit.

Im referencing the 'issue' of paying enormous fees for Zaha + Doucoure...

The only logic seems to be that they are proven in the premier league.

Doucoure kind of makes sense if he plays alongside Gbamin...but Watford want big money.

Zaha doesnt make much sense for anyone imo. The fee is too high for the player and wont benefit us to pay unless we really push for top 4.

Im referencing the 'issue' of paying enormous fees for Zaha + Doucoure...

The only logic seems to be that they are proven in the premier league.

Doucoure kind of makes sense if he plays alongside Gbamin...but Watford want big money.

Zaha doesnt make much sense for anyone imo. The fee is too high for the player and wont benefit us to pay unless we really push for top 4.

Paying £50m+ for Zaha isn’t right given the priorities elsewhere - a CB is essential.

GK: Pickford----------------------GK: Pickford
RB: Coleman---------------------RB: Coleman
LB: Digne--------------------------LB: Digne
CB: Keane------------------------CB: Keane
CB: Zouma-----------------------CB: Mina
DM: Gueye-----------------------DM: Gbamin

CM: Gomes----------------------CM: Gomes
AM: Sigurdsson-----------------AM: Sigurdsson
LW: Bernard----------------------LW: Bernard
RW: Richarlison-----------------RW: Richarlison
ST: Calvert-Lewin--------------ST: Kean

SUBS