• Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL why is saying a player isnt good enough to start for a top 6 side "hating"

Do I hate Tosun, Martina, Bolasie, Walcott - Yes

Do I hate Bernard - No

However you need a front 3 to all score goals if you are to break that top 6 or at the very least 2x 20 goal a season strikers with one rattling in assists and 7-10 goals.

Richarlison and Kean can likely get around 15 each a season you would imagine - Bernard simply doesn't do enough in front of goal to guarantee a place.

Would he get in the front 3 of any of the top 6 above us (or even Wolves who have Jota?)

The fact is on a free he's a bloody good squad player for a 7-10 placed club - but if you want to seriously compete we need someone who's better and those saying otherwise will soon changw their tune when he's fluffing his slots and skidding on his arse infront of goal in tight 1-1 games against the top sides or in the latter cup rounds.
Because you go about him all the time mate saying he isn't good enough when he was one of our best players last season. Bored of reading it. Simple as that.

What is our net spend so far this summer? We sold Lookman, Vlasic and Gueye for around £60 million.

Because you go about him all the time mate saying he isn't good enough when he was one of our best players last season. Bored of reading it. Simple as that.

Im just being realistic mate - he isn't good enough TO START for a top 6 club which is what we are aiming to be this season. He's good enough to be a rotational option for us and to cover injuries to say Richarlison/Zaha if he joins - we aint throwing in £50+ million bids for Zaha if Bernard was and I trust Brands more than fans who love the lad and are blind to his limitations regardless of his obvious qualities that he brings to the squad.

Is he better than Jota or Felipe Anderson? Not for me and thats clubs around us never mind those above who have the likes of Mane, Son, Aubaymang, Rashford etc.

Scores on the doors as we enter the final stretch :

In
Kean 25m
Gomes 22m
Gbamin 22m
Delph 8.5m
Lossl Free

77.5m

Out
Gana 28m
Lookman 16m
Vlasic 14m
Robinson 2m

60m

Combined with some small fees for Joe Williams and others, plus loan fees and I suspect a small saving on wages we havent really spent anything yet, thats not a negative dig, just saying.

With some other sales still to come, an exciting next few days in store for us all I suspect.

Scores on the doors as we enter the final stretch :

In
Kean 25m
Gomes 22m
Gbamin 22m
Delph 8.5m
Lossl Free

77.5m

Out
Gana 28m
Lookman 16m
Vlasic 14m
Robinson 2m

60m

Combined with some small fees for Joe Williams and others, plus loan fees and I suspect a small saving on wages we havent really spent anything yet, thats not a negative dig, just saying.

With some other sales still to come, an exciting next few days in store for us all I suspect.

Maybe Henry OUT today too mein frandel. £15m

Status
Not open for further replies.