Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Promising summary of him here, and makes a good point about his passing stats / the team he’s playing in.

Jean-Philippe Gbamin, 23. Mainz 05. Gbamin is a big, strong defensive midfielder that was pushed into CM to get Pierre Kunde on the field, although I believe he’s a more natural defensive mid. He did play a bit of CB last season and played quite a bit coming through at Lens albeit 5 years ago, but he does have some positional versatility. Gbamin’s numbers need to be understood within the context of a Mainz team that was not good in possession.

He doesn’t play a high frequency of passes and prefers to play the ball quickly, but many of those are longer passes. His passing accuracy numbers aren’t the best, but you could tell he would get frustrated at times and try to do a bit too much with the ball. He actually has some of the best dribbling numbers of our population per 90, so he has some ability on the ball. In defense, he’s active and is a tremendous standing tackler. He completely overpowers players at times and seems to LOVE blowing guys up on 50/50 balls.

I also believe he can get a lot better in a more settled position with better players around him. He shows a high level of skill and every now and then pulls off a trick or two that may not be apparent by looking at his numbers.

Often defensive players matured later than others and I really believe Gbamin still has a lot of ceiling and perhaps Silva with his hands-on approach to training can be the one to help him reach it.

I would love that at CB tbh. Fits all the check marks

Man City have made an enquiry for Zaha.

Kurt Zouma can still join Everton if we pay 40 million ish. Granovskaia has told Lampard she wants to sell.

Welbeck is still an option.

What I've been told by various people. Not sure how accurate.
Genuinely confused as to why posters are allowed to throw out completely baseless wham like this over and over.

If you have rumors with an actual source whatever but this is silly. Clear wind up.

I agree we should have a left footer but I’d disagree with that we were lopsided.

I think we were undeniably at our best with Bernard on the left and Richarlison on the right, and that Sigurdsson’s form, if anything, picked up with that setup and that Coleman massively benefited from having Richarlison in front of him instead of somebody else.

I think that has a lot to do with just how poor our right-side was with the Walcott/Coleman partnership. It's true that Richarlison on the right was an improvement, but the bar was set quite low.

But regardless, to return to the point - if we have cash available to bring in a quality winger, to bring in another right footed player would be very short sighted. Even if Richarlison can play that role to a reasonably good level, without strong competition, we'll struggle again next season.

American fan with a question: I've been following the transfer window coverage by The Echo. Are they considered a good source or not? I keep seeing mixed messages about them.

At this point im personally firmly in the wham camp.

It all rests on Zaha at this point, it would be a major blot on their recent very good record.

American fan with a question: I've been following the transfer window coverage by The Echo. Are they considered a good source or not? I keep seeing mixed messages about them.
They’re good at ruining exciting rumours by ruling out Everton’s interest in players. They never seem to break any good news though.

Status
Not open for further replies.