Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s 6am and after a night drinking rum and port, I’m sitting on a hotel balcony overlooking the Mediterranean Sea putting this together. The things we do. For a Sunday morning there’s not much being said but here’s a round-up of rumours for 21st July;

- According to the Express, Crystal Palace a ready to ‘up their offer’ for Everton’s 28 year old Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy, from £8m to £10m.

- The Liverpool Echo suggest the Kurt Zouma transfer saga could take another twist next week. With Euro 2020 on the horizon and plenty of competition at Centre Back for France, the 24 year old will want to be playing regularly next season. Everton Manager, Marco Silva, is quoted: “It’s not an easy situation, we are working on the other solutions because we cannot wait until the last week or the last day to take one player. We will see in the next days and next week to see if it’s possible or not, if we have to go to the other solutions I have in my mind”.

- Journalist Víctor Gammaro has tweeted, Everton have been in contact with Flamengo over Reinier, but there has been no communication with the 17 year old’s representatives.

- NBC Sport report Juventus’ failure to offload veteran strikers, Mario Mandzukic and Gonzalo Higuain means Moise Kean could be on his way out the exit door in a bid to find first team football. Sky Sports Italia suggest the 19 year old is an option for Everton Manager, Marco Silva.

- Also according to the Express, French Champions, PSG, are about to return with a £30m offer for Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, along with up to £10m in add-ons and bonuses.

- The London Evening Standard has linked Arsenal and Everton with a £80m move for Crystal Palace’s 26 year old winger, Wilfried Zaha. Palace Manager, Roy Hodgson is quoted as saying: “He has not spoken to me. I don’t know if he’s spoken to the club (asked to leave). As far as i’m concerned, he is coming back. He is our player & i’ve been given no information that the club is interested in selling him”.

- The BBC report Manchester United has rejected a £53.9m bid from Inter Milan for striker, Romelu Lukaku. If the 26 year old Belgian international does move, his ex-club, Everton, will be in for a £5m windfall.

- The Telegraph say Egyptian international striker, Trezeguet is set to complete a move to Aston Villa in an £8.75m deal. The 24 year old has been linked with Everton.

Last edited:
There have been a TON of CM/DMs that have been brought up on the this board as Gana's replacements.

Sangare, Zakaria, Guimaraes, Gonalons, Cyprien, Billings, N'Diaye, Skhiri, Lerma, Soumare, Gbamin, Samassekou, Weigl, Toussart, Mendes, Aouar, N'Dombele, Diawara, Phillips, Berge, Tameze, Anguissa, Nianggolan, NZonzi, Strootman, de Roon, Delany, Veretout, Wilmar Barrios, William Carvalho, Dendoncker, Pulgar, Sanitago Sosa, Otavio, Walace (think those were me), the list goes on.

So I'm hope you aren't insinuating that everyone on here is out of ideas. It's just been discussed for two windows now.

Pace in the middle of the park is overrated, Neves and Moutinho arent fast, the midfield is won in the head.
Or in their case with a 3-5-2 sitting back in the counter where all 3 midfielders sit in the middle and don't have to cover a ton of ground. Neves, Mountinho, and Dendoncker are all very disciplined and positionally astute. Do we have a single player that is remotely disciplined like any of those three guys? Scheiderlin even gets out of position tracking back at times.

So you still can't ignore we've got Gomes playing in the middle with Sigurdsson.

Beyond that, when they played Watford, they didn't fare too well because they couldn't cope with Doucoure and Capoue. So industry and athleticism could be a problem for them.

Regardless, there are more than one way to play in the middle of the pitch. I'd prefer to be smart AND athletic.

But I sure as heck aren't going to take a Lyon bench player and replace Gana Gueye with him.

....it’s 6am and after a night drinking rum and port, I’m sitting on a hotel balcony overlooking the Mediterranean Sea putting this together. The things we do. For a Sunday morning there’s not much being said but here’s a round-up of rumours for 21st July;

- According to the Express, Crystal Palace a ready to ‘up their offer’ for Everton’s 28 year old Republic of Ireland midfielder James McCarthy, from £8m to £10m.

- The Liverpool Echo suggest the Kurt Zouma transfer saga could take another twist next week. With Euro 2020 on the horizon and plenty of competition at Centre Back for France, the 24 year old will want to be playing regularly next season. Everton Manager, Marco Silva, is quoted: “It’s not an easy situation, we are working on the other solutions because we cannot wait until the last week or the last day to take one player. We will see in the next days and next week to see if it’s possible or not, if we have to go to the other solutions I have in my mind”.

- Journalist Víctor Gammaro has tweeted, Everton have been in contact with Flamengo over Reinier, but there has been no communication with the 17 year old’s representatives.

- NBC Sport report Juventus’ failure to offload veteran strikers, Mario Mandzukic and Gonzalo Higuain means Moise Kean could be on his way out the exit door in a bid to find first team football. Sky Sports Italia suggest the 19 year old is an option for Everton Manager, Marco Silva.

- Also according to the Express, French Champions, PSG, are about to return with a £30m offer for Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye, along with up to £10m in add-ons and bonuses.

- The London Evening Standard has linked Arsenal and Everton with a £80m move for Crystal Palace’s 26 year old winger, Wilfried Zaha. Palace Manager, Roy Hodgson is quoted as saying: “He has not spoken to me. I don’t know if he’s spoken to the club (asked to leave). As far as i’m concerned, he is coming back. He is our player & i’ve been given no information that the club is interested in selling him”.

- The BBC report Manchester United has rejected a £53.9m bid from Inter Milan for striker, Romelu Lukaku. If the 26 year old Belgian international does move, his ex-club, Everton, will be in for a £5m windfall.

- The Telegraph say Egyptian international striker, Trezeguet is set to complete a move to Aston Villa in an £8.75m deal. The 24 year old has been linked with Everton.
Much appreciated as always Eggs

Thank you for your time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.