Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. His numbers are still relative, though.

Regardless, RBL would beat on us pretty good I would think.
Would they so the German league that’s a lot weaker than the prem. City an the [Poor language removed] would destroy there league if they was in it. Everton last year beat Chelsea united arsenal drew with the [Poor language removed] all better than RBL but no they would beat Everton easy not a chance. Also there amazing player that was the best ever An went to Liverpool but has done nothing in this league shows you all you need to know. Beat you would have said the same about the Wolfsburg team Everton beat a few years ago an they was a much stronger team than today’s RBL.

The issue with these things though, is how saleable someone like Walcott is. There has been a big change from almost all teams to sign younger players who you can move on. In many ways we got caught out of that loop by appointing Allardyce and signing Walcott for pretty reasonable money.

You also have to factor in, that Walcott is a bit of a known commodity and probably quite easy to manage. Seems a good pro, and you know what he is going to do. There's no great magic to it anyone, but it can be reasonably effective. I'd imagine he trains quite well as well. He was always a poor signing but we are sort of stuck with him now. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be massively losing his pace and when used in rotation seems to stay quite fit.

If an offer comes in for Walcott, even for around half of what we paid I think he goes. Pretty similar to Schneiderlin I'd say. However if it doesn't I suspect he will stay and provide competition and some experience for the younger lads we've bought.

He was awful last season. We can only hope he does a bit better next time!

Walcott was carrying an ankle injury most of last season,whether he'll ever get over it is the doubt. If he gets fit he's a cert for the squad,and will be very useful.

Paul Pogba anyone?
His surname should be sort of "patented" just like Bosman's was with his ruling about transfers and so on, but in the French man's case it would be as a description of the lunacy that is prevalent in today's game at top levels.
And yes, he is a knob.

That's the funny thing, Arsenal finished 17 pts ahead of us, Man U 15 pts, and Chelsea 18 pts, and they supposedly were all piss poor in the prem last season, yet we think we can reel them in. Our biggest problem has always been consistency, we have to sort that out big style to even get close to those teams.
The RS were about 20 points off City the previous year.

Everyone starts on the same amount of points come August, you don't need to make up a 15 point gap from last season.

We had an entirely avoidable 4 month long period of relegation form last season, if we can avoid that unnecessary nonsense then we should be competing with the top six, which basically means competing for the top 4 imo.

That's the funny thing, Arsenal finished 17 pts ahead of us, Man U 15 pts, and Chelsea 18 pts, and they supposedly were all piss poor in the prem last season, yet we think we can reel them in. Our biggest problem has always been consistency, we have to sort that out big style to even get close to those teams.

If we improve, why couldn’t we reel them in? Arsenal and United really aren’t good sides at all. We were obviously worse than them last season, but that doesn’t mean we’ll be worse this season provided we get this transfer window right.

The RS were about 20 points off City the previous year.

I know what you're saying mate, as I say though our biggest problem has always been consistency, and those three teams I mention were supposedly poor last season, if they were to kick - on this season we would have to up our game big style, and over a whole season I just don't see us able to do that unless we bring in more quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.