Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A loan deal for Kean would make sense for Juve, not sure to us instead of someone else, but would be fantastic for us. Would allow us to shore up the position for 1 season while we see if DCL can develop, before we go out and spend 50 million on a top striker. Would allow us to improve the striker position, and sign a top winger, RB, CB, and CM affordably.

A loan deal for Kean would make sense for Juve, not sure to us instead of someone else, but would be fantastic for us. Would allow us to shore up the position for 1 season while we see if DCL can develop, before we go out and spend 50 million on a top striker. Would allow us to improve the striker position, and sign a top winger, RB, CB, and CM affordably.
We should not entertain any loan deals unless there is an option to buy at a pre agreed price

We should not entertain any loan deals unless there is an option to buy at a pre agreed price
Thats a really shallow and short sighted view that has no basis on the reality of our position.

We couldnt afford to sign another CB and CM last season. Yet without Gomes and Zouma last season we wouldnt have been top half. Without that, the rest of the team and players would all have regressed, and players we now want to attract would want nothing to do with us. When you spend all of the money you can afford to improve your team, you now have a choice: Improve 1 other position greatly with 1 loan signing, or do not improve your team, and instead be worse.

I know which I would chose, until the days we reach both the roster and finances of the top 4.

Does anyone know how much the fee was just to loan Zouma last season? I have a vague recollection that it may have been eye wateringly huge? I think everyone would say that he was well worth it, though. The point being, with all the money going around, is it conceivable that clubs like ourselves could end up spending 10 - 15 million on just a loan deal? Maybe for someone like this Juve lad, for example?

Does anyone know how much the fee was just to loan Zouma last season? I have a vague recollection that it may have been eye wateringly huge? I think everyone would say that he was well worth it, though. The point being, with all the money going around, is it conceivable that clubs like ourselves could end up spending 10 - 15 million on just a loan deal? Maybe for someone like this Juve lad, for example?
I heard/read it was 6 million

I use to be really proud that the Everton squad of old were predominately British, now I don't care sign any one from south america

Status
Not open for further replies.