Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we not mention this players name on here again, as I would like to think that we have ambition.
This guy was linked about 5 years ago we have moved on since then
Bingo.
Add the likes of Brahimi, Strootman and such the lazy, clueless media keep recycling each transfer season.

2018-19: 5 goals in 14 appearances. Not too shabby?
But we will become a retirement home for Arsenal, instead of United's cast offs. Can we have Giroud?

80% of those goals were in cup competitions.

He's never scored over 10 goals in the premier league and last season was his best goal return, still returning just under 1 in 3.

Might as well just offer DCL over 100k a season.

No chance whatsoever, one of a million non stories jounos will be inventing on minimal connections or very tenuous links.

Pure invention, 2 plus 2 still doesn't equal 5

I know Chelsea was after him pending their transfer ban, but Bruno Guimaraes is a 6'0", 21 year old central midfielder at Athletico Paranaense that looked really good playing deeper - almost like an anchor type player at times - against River this week. He can really pass, and he can absolutely tackle. If Santiago Sosa is anywhere near this kid, we should be taking a look.

Was it that much? He probably would've been okay for us, but we were already slow.

We’d never have got the service to him for him to be effective. We had the slowest team in the league last season. He might fare a bit better in this team but I think we play better with a mobile central striker.

People might not like to hear it, but I can totally see Brands signing Welbeck, and intending for him to be a 4th winger, 3rd striker option. Hes all about budget, value, and saving money in places so it can be spent at the times it needs to be. If his wage demands are too high, Brands will just walk, but if they arent I can easily see him seeing the value in signing Welbeck as an experienced backup to free us up to sell Walcott, Niasse, Vlasic, Lookman, Tosun, Bolasie, etc. Sell that lot who we dont want starting next season anyway(with the exception of lookman, but Silva doesnt favor him), pocket 70 million, replace for free, and then sell Welbeck next season for 5 million.

The reality is with the likes of Lookman, Walcott, and Tosun sold as we expect, even if we bring in a top CF, and a top RW, we need someone who can be the 3rd CF, and 4th Winger. Its a position you need for insurance, but you dont want to waste money on.

People might not like to hear it, but I can totally see Brands signing Welbeck, and intending for him to be a 4th winger, 3rd striker option. Hes all about budget, value, and saving money in places so it can be spent at the times it needs to be. If his wage demands are too high, Brands will just walk, but if they arent I can easily see him seeing the value in signing Welbeck as an experienced backup to free us up to sell Walcott, Niasse, Vlasic, Lookman, Tosun, Bolasie, etc. Sell that lot who we dont want starting next season anyway(with the exception of lookman, but Silva doesnt favor him), pocket 70 million, replace for free, and then sell Welbeck next season for 5 million.

The reality is with the likes of Lookman, Walcott, and Tosun sold as we expect, even if we bring in a top CF, and a top RW, we need someone who can be the 3rd CF, and 4th Winger. Its a position you need for insurance, but you dont want to waste money on.
So much wrong with this I dont know where to start.
If you simply want to fill a berth for free theres a plethora of players that could do this.
How about looking within , I'd far sooner see a kid promoted from our youth ranks or the very successful u23's.
Wellbeck cant string a handful of games together and has a scoring rate as bad as it gets.
Absolute non starter this , nowhere near what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.