Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the United & Arsenal fans i know really rate him. But, obviously the issue is injury's! However, it does seem many players leave Arsenal and their time on the physio bench reduces, Theo for example.

I think if you was going to take a risk he would be worth a punt.

Also, Arsenal did all they could to keep him as well. Offered him several contracts, but 'apparently' he wants to play more football.

Brands categorically won't be offering welbeck 100k a week when he cannot stay fit and his age

goes against absolutely everything he has said and done so far

decent player when fit, but unfortunately is hardly ever

west ham signing if ive ever seen one

If we get him on a free and he’s willing to take reasonable wages then Welbeck wouldn’t be a bad option. If he has regular football he might stay fit. He’s got pace and can score.

The fact is that our striking options currently read:

Dominic Calvert Lewin.

That’s it (assuming Tosun leaves). So we are probably looking for 2 players in this window who can provide competition. If getting Welbeck on a free and selling Tosun allows us more money for another position then I’d be for that.

We need 3 strikers. Niasse and tosun will leave. Is welbeck better than the above?

Absolutely. Plus he is free. It's a no brainer!

Your definition of ‘no brainer’ Is clearly completely different to mine.

£100k a week who spends most of his time on the treatment table doesn’t seem like a good deal to me, particularly if you’re advocating they’d likely be a back up striker to a player who doesn’t get many himself and needs upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.