Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
when do you guys suspect we'll start to see some movement?

itching to see what Brands can do this summer and we still haven't even had any rumours with any legs

Is Strootman a player who can create chances/score goals? If he isn't that midfield might not have the right balance in attack. Plus with the investment in Sigurdsson and his play this year he probably isnt getting dropped.

It’s just an option. We’d need attacking players who can get more goals though. Liverpool’s midfield offers next to no creativity. They are solid though, work hard and get the ball forward. With Gomes in the 3 wed arguably have more creativity from midfield than they do.

Yes, you’re right about Sig, plus like I’ve said we’d need more threat from our front 3 for it to work.

It’s just an option. We’d need attacking players who can get more goals though. Liverpool’s midfield offers next to no creativity. They are solid though, work hard and get the ball forward. With Gomes in the 3 wed arguably have more creativity from midfield than they do.

Yes, you’re right about Sig, plus like I’ve said we’d need more threat from our front 3 for it to work.
Yeah the no midfield attack thing can work but it requires turning you full backs into wingers and having two immensely talented goal scoring wingers so it's more likely we will have to go another direction.

One of Gomes or Strootman is fine. Both seems a tad redundant.

Again, Gomes creates very little. Strootman creates considerably more, but in a weaker league. I'd prefer someone both creative and athletic with some upside. No thanks.

Again, Gomes creates very little. Strootman creates considerably more, but in a weaker league. I'd prefer someone both creative and athletic with some upside. No thanks.

He creates little in the role he’s been asked to play so far ie in a midfield 2. It would be different if he was in a 3. He can dribble and has a good passing range.

He creates little in the role he’s been asked to play so far ie in a midfield 2. It would be different if he was in a 3. He can dribble and has a good passing range.
That's fair. If he played higher in place of Sigurdsson, he may create more. He can definitely dribble, has some passing range, but we aren't selling Siggy. I'm fine with keeping Gomes, he's a good player, but we still have to get better in central / defensive midfield. We can't go into next season with only Gana in the middle and no proper 6 besides Schneiderlin, who really needs to move on.

Off topic interesting dortmund have signed thorgan Hazard and brandt today? Surely sancho ain't going utd.

I don't think so. These signings don't really affect the situation. Hazard replaces Pulisic, Brandt can and probably will play centrally.

Sancho is at the best place for him for next season. He's got his whole career ahead of him, and can head to the PL the year after at the earliest!

Status
Not open for further replies.