Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

For the money Fulham would ask for Mitrovic (he cost them £22m last summer) there’s no way we would pay for him and some “marquee” striker.
Maybe WUM, err, source misheard 'Marquees' and we're actually after a Marquez

21, South American, CF.
Fits the bill.

Pickford doesn’t seem to be injury prone and Silva didn’t even rest him for the cup games in the end.
He did in the League Cup against Southampton, was the worst call Silva made all season.
League Cup has to be our strongest 11

Mitrovic scored 11 goals (ten penalties) - I'd bring him on for penalties but not sure I'd want to have a "non-scoring" centre forward.
I think you mean 10 non-penalties. He's never been a big penalty taker. His conversation rate is bad, but he also takes a TON of shots. It's odd, he gets just as many shots on target as several other comparable players - his shot accuracy is fine. Statistically, if you look at what he did at Newcastle and the Championship, his past year might have been an outlier - it doesn't seem like his conversation rate has ever been that bad.

The international window isn't open, yet, so I think it's natural for all the English tabloid morons to bring up all sorts of domestic transfer rumors, probably driven by agents and other BS artists.

Mitro isn't that bad. He can hold the ball up better than DCL and he's a better goal scorers. He's much stronger, much better with the ball, but he's pretty slow. It would hurt our press a bit. Unless he's cheap, I just don't see it happening.

The Tosun comparisons are also silly. They aren't very similar as players.

We should go for one Sosa type signing each season.

At EUR 15m, it isn't a big outlay, we could recoup some of that easily enough if need be and/or loan him out if appropriate.

There can be a huge upside if he turned out to be the genuine article though, Brands is hailed as a maestro then and we have a potential cash cow on our hands at the worst in that scenario.

I know next to nothing about him, but as long as he was seen as good enough for a matchday squad from the off, rather than paying that much for a prospect, I would be in favour of that type of boldness.
Brands was in Chile in January for the U20 S.American tournament.
More on this Sosa chap.

I think we should be making two 'Sosa type' South American signings each season.

In this particular case, if we do sign him then I hope we also go for another Argentine u20 age group midfielder. They could help each other adapt both on/off the pitch.

I think @Gwladys St. Glory mentioned Exequiel Palacios from River plate yesterday. 20 years old centre mid, full season at River and 2 full national team caps.

They also have Cristian Ferreira who is more attacking and highly rated at 19 years old.

Almendra at Boca is another one with a similar profile to Sosa.

So, theres a few upcoming centre midfielders in Argentina...It looks like Sosa would be the lower cost option of the bunch.

I think we should be making two 'Sosa type' South American signings each season.

In this particular case, if we do sign him then I hope we also go for another Argentine u20 age group midfielder. They could help each other adapt both on/off the pitch.

I think @Gwladys St. Glory mentioned Exequiel Palacios from River plate yesterday. 20 years old centre mid, full season at River and 2 full national team caps.

They also have Cristian Ferreira who is more attacking and highly rated at 19 years old.

Almendra at Boca is another one with a similar profile to Sosa.

So, theres a few upcoming centre midfielders in Argentina...It looks like Sosa would be the lower cost option of the bunch.
Just wish they would've done this with some of the US players because it wouldn't cost anything, unless it's part of their academy ban.

To be fair to the lad, it's a similar situation to Niasse. They just came to a place above their skill level and on too much money. As long as they do their utmost and meet the stipulations of their contract, they're earning that money fairly. I would like to think as a club we behave decently with him unlike we did to Niasse under Moorhead.

Making him live here , train here and actually be available to play for us isn’t to much to expect for 120k a week imo. If he doesn’t like it or hates it then he can agree to a pay cut and leave can’t he.

Status
Not open for further replies.