Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott, Ramsey were signed as investment. See my earlier posts they played 9 and 16 games 0 goals in their first seasons. Gomez was signed as youth player?

Cahill yes I agree that was in 2004.

Jags was playing in PL.

Ali I agree I let you have that.

I think you are right on Ali but the rest you mentioned were not signed in recent seasons they were ages ago.

We can’t just pretend there is a lot of Ali out there.
You said none . Not sure what that means in Hong Kong. Here it means zero.

Walcott, Ramsey were signed as investment. See my earlier posts they played 9 and 16 games 0 goals in their first seasons. Gomez was signed as youth player?

Cahill yes I agree that was in 2004.

Jags was playing in PL.

Ali I agree I let you have that.

I think you are right on Ali but the rest you mentioned were not signed in recent seasons they were ages ago.

We can’t just pretend there is a lot of Ali out there.

Zaha? Bale? Oxlade-Chamberlain? They were all signed from the Championship and hadn't played Premier League football before.

Jagielka. Coleman came from the league of Ireland. Dcl from Sheffield United.
There are good players in every league.
Dismissing a whole league is ridiculous.

True. They were bought as prospect. Jags was playing in the PL with Sheff Utd.

I was not saying players would not turn out to be good from lower leagues.

What I was saying is that it is very unlikely a Championship club first teamer would be bought and becoming a starter instantly next season for a top 6 side.

Even all the examples you have mentioned in this thread were bought as prospect or investment eg Ali.

He was playing for Aston Villa which was playing in the PL before they relegated. So that’s untrue he was a Championship player initially.
Mate they finished the season on 17 points,17 points behind Norwich in 19th place .Like I said don't get all pedantic about it.You couldn't think of anyone who has stepped up from the championship and we have told you.Go and have a pint.

Zaha? Bale? Oxlade-Chamberlain? They were all signed from the Championship and hadn't played Premier League football before.

Yes. Stones etc also.

All the players people mentioned were signed as prospect.

All along I was saying I can’t recall a Championship player who was bought in as first teamer by a top side and becoming an instant success.

I can’t recalling one in recent years. Cahill of course Lescott of course but that were ages ago.

Yes. Stones etc also.

All the players people mentioned were signed as prospect.

All along I was saying I can’t recall a Championship player who was bought in as first teamer by a top side and becoming an instant success.

I can’t recalling one in recent years. Cahill of course Lescott of course but that were ages ago.
You are talking complete wham.Move on and just hold your hands up.

Mate they finished the season on 17 points,17 points behind Norwich in 19th place .Like I said don't get all pedantic about it.You couldn't think of anyone who has stepped up from the championship and we have told you.Go and have a pint.

Nope please read that carefully. I said I can’t recall a Championship player who was bought in as a first teamer by a top side (7th or above) in recent years who become an instant success in the next season. I was saying this all along. Precisely speaking.

Even Ali who was bought from League 1 was a prospect back then.

Nope please read that carefully. I said I can’t recall a Championship player who was bought in as a first teamer by a top side (7th or above) in recent years who become an instant success in the next season. I was saying this all along. Precisely speaking.

Even Ali who was bought from League 1 was a prospect back then.
What league was his parent club in, when we actually signed him? They were a championship side.

There is always going to have someone, who would win the lottery first prize. That’s the probability. How likely it would happen.

As you suggested there, there were a couple of players there who came from lower leagues and made contribution to top sides instantly. About 3 out of hundreds of players in about 15 years.

I would not pretend Leicester and Bournemouth are top sides though.

John Stones

The interesting part is the brands interview suggesting that our targets are identified which suggests to me that a plan is in place regardless of wear we where potentially finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.