• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit snobbish mate.
He's the best player in the league and Spurs tried to purchase him last summer.
I think we absolutely should be in for him. Would be the box to box player we crave.
He is really not, the championship is his level imo, it's all well and good going on about Spurs, but did they buy him? He is playing at his level and shines out because of it hence why today he is being linked with the likes of Palace, very average imo.

If we signed someone like Neres or Lozano, how would we line up? Still haven't got an out and out goal scorer, right wing is Riccos, left is Bernards. Cannot drop siggy (maybe we can) and DCL is in the form of his life (goals aside).

Would it be Bernard who dropped to the bench?
You're right mate, but we can't go through season with an unchanged starting XI. For me you need a first team squad of 14/15 top players, with another 10 or so squad players if we are to challenge the top 6. That would be 5/6 to cover the front 4 (and I don't yet consider DCL as a top player), 3 to cover the midfield 2, and 3 to cover the CB pairing. If we managed to bring in Zouma I'd be happy with the CBs (Holgate as second cover). If we keep hold of Geuye and bring in Gomes, we'd need to bring in another BTB CM. We have Bernard, Ricky and Siggy up top. We'd need to bring in a goal scoring first choice centre forward and have DCL as cover. We'd also need to bring in another goal scoring speed merchant wide player. Lozano would be my first choice but I'd also take Neres in a heartbeat.

I think there will be plenty of games to go around to keep 14/15 first choices happy and match fit.

So, including Zouma and Gomes, I reckon we need to bring in 5 top players this summer, all good enough to be considered regular starters. Luckily Coleman's return to form means right back is no longer considered a priority.

Honestly if we were going for a winger I’d rather Lozano to Neres, as I think he’d add more productivity. I think CM, ST and RB are where we will need to spend big
Thing is though if we sign a new right winger where do we put Rich? He’s not great up top and be unfair to drop Bernard.
I agree it’s a strange one due to Bernard being an absolute gem of a player. Maybe if we are looking to get rid of Lookman and Onyekuru then it would be for depth in Bernard’s position.

We couldn’t drop siggy unless he is having a bad game then we can switch Bernard to number 10 role and put either on the left wing
i would ignore a right winger all together, its the central position of the front four that badly needs attention. Gylfi and Richarilison are on course for 15 goals each this season, with better option at 9, i think we come on leaps and bounds with goal returns. I think we also see a better output from Bernard and Walcott and whoever with a better option in the center.

Neres has played all across attacking midfield so could rotate with Bernard, Richarlison and Sigurdsson

Personally, I think he is a fantastic prospect in terms of all the intangibles you'd hope for in a wide forward - save one. There are some rumours that he's focused on a big payday more than sporting ambitions to build something at any club in particular. The risk there is getting a mercenary who will be biding his time until the next big move comes but in today's football perhaps everyone will have to accept this eventuality with young talents

Where have you seen this?

He is really not, the championship is his level imo, it's all well and good going on about Spurs, but did they buy him? He is playing at his level and shines out because of it hence why today he is being linked with the likes of Palace, very average imo.
I'm not really sure how to debate the point regarding "did they buy him". If Villa ask for 40m then why would Spurs buy him, even if they could? Given they're record signing is around that price (Davinson Sanchez). They don't spend that kind of money regularly and certainly wouldn't have in one summer.

I've seen a fair bit of Grealish and to say he's very average is an exaggeration. there's bits that are raw, of course, but his goal vs Rotherham had everything.

He's also very good at dropping in and driving through the lines which we absolutely need.

But Maddison is in a team that, with a bit more consistency, could be 7th (Leicester). They may even end up being 7th.

So it does happen.

They won’t. It’s Everton or Watford at this stage.

I don’t think he is a better player than Siggy at this stage.

Need more than one player for each position in a season. Right now none of the front three could be dropped but eventually you might see Calvert-Lewin get an injury or Richarlison go off the boil etc. Then Neres would come in and if he grabbed the position it would be down to the player missing out to wait for his chance to get back in.

Right now though Bernard is the most safe of the front three for me.
The best compliment you can pay to Bernard and Digne is that they are starting to remind me of Baines and Pienaar. They are not quite on the same wavelength yet, but IMO the new guys are both better individual players, so if they do get that telepathy going they will turn out to be very special indeed.

I'm not really sure how to debate the point regarding "did they buy him". If Villa ask for 40m then why would Spurs buy him, even if they could? Given they're record signing is around that price (Davinson Sanchez). They don't spend that kind of money regularly and certainly wouldn't have in one summer.

I've seen a fair bit of Grealish and to say he's very average is an exaggeration. there's bits that are raw, of course, but his goal vs Rotherham had everything.

He's also very good at dropping in and driving through the lines which we absolutely need.
Yeah and i have seen a fair bit also and i actually used to rate him quite highly but the more i see of him the more i don't actually think he is that good and he is just another overhyped english player (of which there are many) If Spurs rated him, they would have bought him as they are crying out for someone in that midfield area, each to their own but not for me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.