Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does but he doesn't specifically say that Henry is the odd man out either. I really don't think two throwaway comments from an end of the season presser about a player who Silva probably isn't watching day in day out should be taken as gospel for the player's future.
I take it for what its worth mate.

He trusts the players he has and see's no reason to add anyone that would clearly be behind them in the pecking order.

His comments suggests he is lspecifically looking for a left footed player.

We'll see tho.

If he was getting a WP this summer, they'd have said. They haven't. He isn't.

Sell while the value is there and he's still only a player who fits in at Everton on paper.
They've said almost zero substantive things about our summer plans so I'm not sure why you'd think that. They haven't even said where we're going for training except the Africa trip which I think the Africans revealed.

I take it for what its worth mate.

He trusts the players he has and see's no reason to add anyone that would clearly be behind them in the pecking order.

His comments suggests he is lspecifically looking for a left footed player.

We'll see tho.
Really hoping this isnt true since Lookman and Walcott barely cracked the team second half of the year and Bernard was pretty meh. We could use improvement in wide areas regardless of foot.

He didn't play Lookman all year, Richarlison has shown he can play effectively on the right and Bernard scored 1 goal. It isnt that hard to imagine him breaking into the team.

If Onyekuru was a new signing and not a returning loan people would be gutted to lose out on him is my guess.

Over any of these guys? Why? He had one good year in Turkey. He did indeed score a lot, but he wasn't even close to Galatasaray's highest rated player or anything. Lookman put up outstanding numbers at RBL in his stint there, which is a better league.

Look, Onyenkuru is a good player, but there isn't anything that I've observed in his time in Turkey that makes me think he's any better than those guys.

Would you turn down 40M for Lookman?

If Bayern are paying anywhere NEAR 40M for Onyenkuru and the work permit rules are anything like English rules, he's getting a permit. He might get one anyways after the Cup of Nations.

Over any of these guys? Why? He had one good year in Turkey. He did indeed score a lot, but he wasn't even close to Galatasaray's highest rated player or anything. Lookman put up outstanding numbers at RBL in his stint there, which is a better league.

Look, Onyenkuru is a good player, but there isn't anything that I've observed in his time in Turkey that makes me think he's any better than those guys.

Would you turn down 40M for Lookman?
If I'm in charge I probably would take 40M for both of them and I'd spend the next 5 years bricking it wondering if one of them is going to end up like Salah/De Bruyne did for Chelsea. And the thing is as much criticism as Chelsea takes a lot of players they've loaned and sold amounted to nothing but Everton can't afford to sell someone as good as the players they sold. I just hate the idea of signing a young talent and doing nothing to try to develop them before giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.