Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My school coach (who mind you never played a second of football/soccer in his life) would say keeper, outside backs, center backs, defending center mid, outside mids, attacking center mid, outside forwards, and striker.

He’d also say kick instead of pass, shoot, or cross and it drove me insane on more than one level.

Ours was shouting for the striker to “ split” the CB’s ... when we didn’t have possession of the ball, he was pressing and the RB had the ball lol me and my bro were just looking at each other and laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Ball Tosser! I love it.

While it's funny, it's not really the same thing.

I'll ask this question - can you tell me the difference between a full back and a wing back? Can you have wing backs in a back 4? Is that a position or a role? Because outside back is a position, not a role.

Look, I understand your concerns, but you make it sound like I'm using this term in my house without any contact with the outside world. It's commonplace in the US and elsewhere, but from coaches and players, too. If MLS coaches are using it, if English coaches in the states are using it, I'm going to continue to use it. It would just be strange if I didn't, honestly.

Put it this way - it WAY more common to use outside back than fullback or wingback in the US. Way more common. A full back is an american football term, so if you used it in the states, you might confuse some folks. For better or worse.

Wing backs are usually in a 5-3-2 meaning you don’t play with natural wingers and your full backs are expected to provide width and push on. Essentially they are doing the job of the winger while also expected to defend without the the ball as a full back.

Wing backs are usually in a 5-3-2 meaning you don’t play with natural wingers and your full backs are expected to provide width and push on. Essentially they are doing the job of the winger while also expected to defend without the the ball as a full back.
Again, I ask the question - can you have wing backs in a back 4?

Again, I ask the question - can you have wing backs in a back 4?

Technically no I guess, I mean the game has changed a lot but like I said Wing back is usually a position that happens when there is no RW or RM and so your fullbacks usually push up making it a 5 man midfield without the ball and act as wingers in possession and drop into the fulll back or right back role when not in possession . In a 4 man defence I would say that no you don’t have wing backs

Technically no I guess, I mean the game has changed a lot but like I said Wing back is usually a position that happens when there is no RW or RM and so your fullbacks usually push up making it a 5 man midfield without the ball and act as wingers in possession and drop into the fulll back or right back role when not in possession . In a 4 man defence I would say that no you don’t have wing backs
Correct

Actually can't wait for this transfer window, Most excited I've been about Everton for a while, Deliver the juice Brands.

If we sell Gana this summer we definitely need a player like this kid. 19 y/o and wants to do everything out there. Silky smooth dribbling with insane passing range.
Buy for £10m and sell for £25m

Edit: ... on second thought buy Traore and keep Gana too

He's only just signed for Fiorentina mate. Plus he possibly has a heart problem.

According to the echo we have opened talks with Ajax over the transfer of David Neres how much of this is true I don’t know but what a signing this lad would be

According to the echo we have opened talks with Ajax over the transfer of David Neres how much of this is true I don’t know but what a signing this lad would be

If we signed someone like Neres or Lozano, how would we line up? Still haven't got an out and out goal scorer, right wing is Riccos, left is Bernards. Cannot drop siggy (maybe we can) and DCL is in the form of his life (goals aside).

Would it be Bernard who dropped to the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.