Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
we've 100% a defender lined up for Jan I'd say we've 90 million we didn't spend.

From the usual names that post the same tripe daily.

Highlight for me though was seeing someone post we are 1 or 2 injuries away from being in a relegation battle.
I saw that. That was special. Probably the highlight. I did like some of these others...

- I can't believe people thought we were going to spend 25M on Rojo. Really?

- Then there was my personal favorite, the "player is unproven in the PL" take. Like the United Kingdom has a special power to sap all foreign players of their ability to kick the ball once they cross into its borders.

- Kean is 19, so he must still be potential, he can't possibly be good right now...that's a good one, from the club that produced Wayne Rooney.

- Got into some mental health issues, nice.

- DCL on the wing. Hmmm.

- folks were bailing out on the season because of today?

I haven't even gotten to the Iwobi deal yet, either...man. Nice work, several of you.

I hope you’re right mate. But I worry that Arsenal have strengthened up front and in defence and Man U will be more solid at the back with Maguire. If those two sides leak less goals they’ll pick up more points than last season.
I also think that we have an unproven young striker and even if we put a few more in the net i think we will be conceding more without Zouma or another decent central defender coming in, as we’re weaker at the back now than we were last season. Also, losing Gana will hurt us as he had looked to be building up a decent relationship with Gomes and we’ll now have a centre midfield that has no rapport yet, leading to more pressure on our already weaker central defence.
I hope I’m wrong of course but I think we won’t close the gap on the top six and may struggle to make 7th or 8th unless our attack really is dynamite and we can keep teams on the back foot for 90 minutes every game.
Utd have strengthened their defence, but their midfield isn’t great and Rashford is now their main striker. He may well step up, but currently he has only scored 27 PL goals in 4 years. I’m not really sure their attack is a great deal stronger than ours now.

So much is unknown at this point of the season. You only need a couple of decent partnerships in areas of the pitch to start clicking and all of a sudden you are on a good run. We aren’t nailed on for a top 6 finish by any means, but there is no reason at this stage to think we can’t have a decent shot at it.

I was happy to forgo a right back and cross my fingers until January, so I'll do the same for a CB. You cant have it all.

Plus that Brazilian blammo is clearly on his way.

Had we got a CB that would have been a very successful window. Holgate is decent back up but we are putting a fair bit of pressure on people like Gibson to step up. I am not a big fan of Iwobi but as ever will get behind any new player we sign. I think he could be a very useful impact sub but who knows. Season stars now (at last) so lets get behind the team and see what we can do.

My summary of the window:
Ins
Andre Gomes - Very positive already settled
Fabian Delph - Very positive great fee
Jean-Philippe Gbamin – Seems great from reports but haven’t seen him play.
Mosie Kean – Could turn out to be some deal needed a statement CF, young just hope he gets up to speed quickly.
Djibril Sidibe – On a loan to buy is good work and allows Jonjoe a shot as a starter each week in a good league.
Alex Iwobi – I like this signing compared to the money we would have had to pay for Zaha who yes would have been better but for the extra money? We did make a bid prior to DD so was thought thru as Plan B.
Jonas Lossl – OK back up on a free allows Joao to get some good experience for a year.

Outs

Idrissa Gueye – His loss will be felt, he stayed professional post January, was getting on and we get a good fee so good business and best of luck to him
James McCarthy – last year of contract with his injury record if we did get 8m then highway robbery.
Nikola Vlasic – Good talent wouldn’t be a starter with the ins we have now and sure to have got our money back and some change.
Ademola Lookman – Great talent but every manager didn’t give him regular starts so there must be a reason, goodish price, replaced by Iwobi and may have Reinier in Jan also as another winger looking for playing time.
Joe Williams – wasn’t going to make it.

Best they left only disappointment on loan
Ashley Williams – contract expired.
Sandro
Luke Garbutt
Matthew Pennington
Mo Besic

Good luck to them but time to leave:
Brendan Galloway
Phil Jagielka
Antonee Robinson

Positive Loans
Joao Virginia
Korede Adedoyin
Kieran Dowell
Jonjoe Kenny
Josh Bowler
Nathan Broadhead

Massive Miss
Needed another CB

Need shifting to Europe
Cuco
Mirallas
Tosun – If good price if not stays as backup
Niasse
Onyekuru – looks sorted anyway.
Baningime – Carnt see him going on loan to a farmers league but have no issue with him training with the first team playing U23s on his wages until January and see where he is at.

Had we got a CB that would have been a very successful window. Holgate is decent back up but we are putting a fair bit of pressure on people like Gibson to step up. I am not a big fan of Iwobi but as ever will get behind any new player we sign. I think he could be a very useful impact sub but who knows. Season stars now (at last) so lets get behind the team and see what we can do.

Looking at iwobi videos, we might be surprised. He will be good at driving the ball to the attacking end.

I saw that. That was special. Probably the highlight. I did like some of these others...

- I can't believe people thought we were going to spend 25M on Rojo. Really?

- Then there was my personal favorite, the "player is unproven in the PL" take. Like the United Kingdom has a special power to sap all foreign players of their ability to kick the ball once they cross into its borders.

- Kean is 19, so he must still be potential, he can't possibly be good right now...that's a good one, from the club that produced Wayne Rooney.

- Got into some mental health issues, nice.

- DCL on the wing. Hmmm.

- folks were bailing out on the season because of today?

I haven't even gotten to the Iwobi deal yet, either...man. Nice work, several of you.
Some people should be genuinely embarrassed when they wake up this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.