• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait and see what happens lads.

Going to be twitter clowns aplenty never mind the paid journos coming out with rubbish/links today

We were better than them about 10 years ago. It's taken them a long time of playing the market right to get where they are now. We are certainly aiming to do something similar. It's not gonna happen in 3 transfer windows though, but you can see that our recruitment is a lot better under brands.

I do believe that currently we are slightly weaker than we are at the end of last season, but last year we sealed 3 deadline signings in the last 2 hours and if we get a centre half and a winger that match the standard of players we have bought so far this window then we are in a stronger place.

I’m like 95% sure we’re singing from the same hymn sheet on this one mate! I’d prefer us to spunk 80m plus on a cb and a rw. Would be stronger

With Luiz going to Arsenal I’d say both Zouma and Tomori are dead in the water let’s hope brands has an experienced CB lined up either perm or on loan ( not United cast offs )
I think zaha will be done
Iwobi I think is 50/50 as Doucoure is I tho k still the main target and I think we will get one of them
Im still expecting another left field signing as well as the above

But we arent asking him to play 38 games, likely a jags role last season so worst comes to worst three of four if even, bring him into the senior squad, let him play with first team players and really develop him for the year.

I take on board what you say and wouldnt dismiss it, but id much rather go my route, or even keep Pennighton.
That would depend though. If he was fourth choice then that wouldn't be too bad and yes he may only need to play a couple of games and get some experience. But that would currently mean Holgate was 3rd choice, and I think that is a big problem. There's a realistic chance that your 3rd choice centre half ends up playing 20+ games, and I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough to do that. Also Pennington is horrendous. I have no love for Rojo but nobody who's ever seen Pennington play could ever honestly think keeping him was a better idea than bringing in somebody of Rojo's stature.

With Luiz going to Arsenal I’d say both Zouma and Tomori are dead in the water let’s hope brands has an experienced CB lined up either perm or on loan ( not United cast offs )
I think zaha will be done
Iwobi I think is 50/50 as Doucoure is I tho k still the main target and I think we will get one of them
Im still expecting another left field signing as well as the above

All in 5 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.