Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year we 'line up targets'. Every year we expect players in early. Its all going to happen at the death. 9 times out of 10 its this way.
So, I now don't expect anything. That way I'll be made up when/if we bring more quality in.

I am glad that Everton have denied this second bid tbh. I do like Zaha and i think he would definitely improve us but i just dont think that he is worth anywhere near 80 million and/or that 2nd bogus bid that Sky plucked out of their asses of 55 mill and 2 players. Not that they will get many games for us anyway but Sky's made up bid would have been massively insulting to both of them.

Anyway, have located Sky Sources.

8c9433a25f75075ba3506ab1475cb414f60168ba64960c734a6f38b14d5cf5cd.jpg

We just don't seem to learn . We've needed a striker since 2017, we knew Gueye was gone in Jan and we knew Zouma belonged to Chelsea. Plenty of time to get replacements? Yep. Did we get them in handy? Nope of course not.

This is what does my head in. Not getting a striker to replace one of the best we’ve ever had cost Koeman his job. Tosun was never going to be prolific, aside from that we’ve barely been linked to an actual striker in about 3 years!!

Now it seems we are all in on a 19 year old who scored about 7 goals for the best team in a weak league...

Not sure why we would do that, unless they have agreed to buy Mccarthy and Tosun, when they sell Zaha to Arsenal :)
Maybe Palace were ‘loaning’ McCarthy & Tosun on deadline day & we got Zaha for 52m now so different deals & no increased bid as stated. However the leak is an issue because ManU will claim its all related.

We've made a bid (at least one bid, maybe two). Been rejected. Thats it, we're told. It happens. Don't see why its Brands fault (as some on twitter are suggesting).
Reserve judgement on that until Thursday the 8th of August passes.

We essentially need two cbs at least I think . Jagielka finally gone. Mina 'still needing that full pre season under his belt' also potential ban on the table. Holgate still playing like a 16 year old on his debut, then theres Zouma, is he ? Isn't he? It's a tad concerning.

Who bids £52million for a player, see it rejected and goes 'nah you know what, we weren't that arsed about him anyway'.

Yeah let's be terrible negotiators and just give Palace all our money...

52m is a very fair offer for Zaha, too much as far as I'm concerned....

Now we walk away, and let Zaha go crying to their owner that he wants out of Palace...they've got time now to spend 52m money elsewhere, and we'll come back with a slightly bigger offer so everyone looks good in the deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.