Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno mate. Folk say that we dont bid big without some nod from the player/agent that its worth while to do so. Just dont see why Zaha would encourage a move here when he could most likely be Chelsea bound next summer.

Maybe he just wants out thiss summer and will accept us as there is no other choice it's still a step up for him, he could always move again in a few years.

Can see it being accepted and Tosun refusing to go or failing to agree a contract Palace side. Doesn't seem to actually want to leave IMO

£55m plus those two is effectively just £55m in my eyes, because we’d probably only end up loaning them out anyway. Only this way we lose their full wages for good too. If there’s any truth in it I’d somehow end up being happier about this deal than I would if they’d accepted the first bid.

It's not the fee for Zaha I find perplexing it's how we are meant to find the cash for at least three, if not four others that Silva has said as recently as the weekend that we need.

I don't doubt something is going on, but this "second bid" to me seems to be signalling to other clubs that yes, we do have money, but we"ll take it elsewhere unless you deal.

We can use Zaha for other purposes just as much as Palace can use us in their game.

So if we value Mcarthy at 8-10m and Tosun at say 12-15m that makes it 70 plus?
McCarthy £8m, Tosun £17m + £55m = £80m

Deal done.

Ive seen reports that we value Tosun at 20m and McCarthy at 10m.

So this, if true, which I doubt, would certainly match Zahas 80m.

Wages wise we would break even, we would even make an "accounting" profit on the book prices.

I see no negative in this deal, other than the fact its complete rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.