Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair,we hear the same type of thing most seasons, plus teams around the top 4/6 [bar probably city and co] are not the same and so on,then at the end of the season if we failed to get top 4 or 6,we then hear we have missed our best chance in years to get to that top 4 or 6-as said though i predicted 6th my highest i have said for a while,based on absolutely nothing lol

Wolves, Arsenal, United, Cheslea and even Spurs at times (I think Spurs are strongest out the lot) are pretty rubbish at times. Most of their points are taken from bullying bottom half fodder with good strikers.

If you want energy just promote any of the u18 or u23 squad members and watch them run themselves into the ground out there.

While you do that let’s learn how to play smarter not harder where everyone is responsible for doing their bit defensively and a player like Gana becomes obsolete in the side. It’s completely out in left field to suggest that if Gana didn’t play in games that no one else would be able to dispossess the opponent further down the line and that just because Gana wouldn’t be there that the opponents would be able to just have a walk on goal.

Gana was not our defense and to be honest it would be almost harder to play with him. That 1 chance out of 5 he isn’t there to make the tackle when the rest of the defense is so used to him doing so can catch them off guard. Sorta like a goalie not having a shot on net at him all game because the defense has closed everything down thus far preventing the shots and then the one time they do get that simple shot right at him it gets fluffed and put away because he’s expected it this far.

Sell Gana and 1. the defensive number will be made up by the rest of the team, 2. the team will be more aware of each other’s positioning and defensive contributions, 3. we will be able to finally move towards having a consistently functioning midfield box to box

There's a reason PSG are considering 30 million for him though, even though he is probably at peak now and unlikely to improve, it's because he is good at his job and we are going to miss him. Clearly there is more than one way to set up a team but I think we probably need another midfielder who can break up play following his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.