Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand wanting to sign the "youngers"... we already have DCL who I value as a guy with enormous potential. Honestly all I'm asking for is a more experience, proven striker who can teach the boy something. Positioning, mindset, and ability. I think he just needs some time to grow. Get someone who doesn't cost an arm and a leg who can do just that.
Good idea in theory and I am sure Dom can improve in a lot of ways. But personally, I doubt he will ever be a lethal finisher. He should be in rotation with other forwards at this stage in his career.

Good idea in theory and I am sure Dom can improve in a lot of ways. But personally, I doubt he will ever be a lethal finisher. He should be in rotation with other forwards at this stage in his career.
I know.. I just love the guys attitude and would love to see him succeed at the highest level.

You can go out an get a giroud, rondon... someone whose done it in the prem similar to DCL play style. Cenk had a respectable career in Turkey but has never played in the league before and made a impact
I disagree we need something different a pacey forward who runs in behind that's my view.

Hence why I said stats wise. Haller blows kean away. I then asked unless these people who know so much are watching both players week in week out to know about them being better prospects than the other.

I guarantee you, 99% had never heard or watched kean before mid/late last season. Now everyone is an expert.
Apples and oranges comparison as well. Haller is probably playing pretty close to his peak and so you are buying a finished product with a limited prospect of improvement. Nothing wrong with that but with players like Kean and Leao you are gambling big money on them becoming the next world level striker. It's a tough one because for every player that goes on to be a worldy you get a handful of Ravel Morrison's.

Also, bending to teams early without standing firm in negotiations is how you end up with a Bolasie for 28m or Tosun for 25m. It's ok that the bosses are still working on incomings.

Apples and oranges comparison as well. Haller is probably playing pretty close to his peak and so you are buying a finished product with a limited prospect of improvement. Nothing wrong with that but with players like Kean and Leao you are gambling big money on them becoming the next world level striker. It's a tough one because for every player that goes on to be a worldy you get a handful of Ravel Morrison's.
Totally. People stating as near fact that one is better than the other are just waffling at this stage. Different leagues and ages ffs.

The form we ended last season with, including DCL up top, would challenge for the top 4 this season, particular with all our challengers being weaker.

I expect we’ll be even better this season as the team gets more used to Silva’s ideas and younger players, like DCL develop, however it’s all completely irrelevant as we will add in that area.

The team that ended last season though, would put in a top 4 challenge this season, which only reiterates how much we have to look forward to this forthcoming season.
It's one thing to hit a purple patch when there's nothing to play for at the end of the season, and quite another to win those games when it really matters.

Moyes was the master of creeping up the table when no one's looking, and it was pretty much the same in Koeman's first season, too.

Maybe I'm not seeing this right but don't Atletico usually have fullbacks that defend and isn't Trippier a pretty bad fullback defensively?

Yer pretty much, the must reckon his crossing with Morata in the side is worth sacrificing for a bit defensively

Status
Not open for further replies.