• Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meet their asking price of £60 million
Sell Lookman for £25million
Sell Onyekuru for £20 million
Couple of other dead wood sales or £5 million from a United Lukaku sale and we’re still in negative net spend excluding Gomes

Didn't we get £17 million for the Croatian fella?

I'm inclinded to at least listen to Kirkbride whenever he pipes up. He's a blue who clearly has a couple contacts at the club, certainly the most reputable source at the Echo when it comes to us.

That said.. can't see Pepe happening either way.

The Echo say we’re not in for Malcom we say ‘what do they know’
The Echo say we’re in for Pepe we say get excited!!

I don't believe a word of any gossip these days, can't work out whether we are simply used as a pawn to get players prices hiked up, or whether it's managed by the club to spike a bit of interest, but I take most of it with a pinch of salt. All that said, I really hope we hang onto Gana, one of our best performers under Silva.

Reactions: JLW
would of disagreed with this 6 months ago, but his performances since January have completely 360'd my opinion of how important he is to how Silva wants us to play.
And as you said, bedding in a new player in such an important role is something we really cant be risking at doing at the moment, especially as it seems with Arsenal/Chelsea/United being a little flaky, it seems there is a small window open again to push on.

he got better didn't he? Thought he was sublime after the transfer window and hoping that wasn't just to convince PSG even more to come back in for him. We have players like him and Onyekuru who are on the radars of PSG, Bayern etc and our fans want to sell them, i don't really understand tbh. We have about 15 McCarthy's who we can sell and they won't have an impact whatsoever, their sales are probably enough to afford 3 or 4 new first team starters.

This summer has a bit of the mata/witsel summer about it. Being linked with loads of decent players that I feel we might struggle to get over the line.

Zat, players don't stop being good players just because they hit an arbitrary age. He was one of our best players last season by a mile
The only reservation I have about IGG is that his game is based on speed , athleticism and non stop movement.
I doubt that he will be able to maintain that level of play for too many more seasons.

Gueyes improved performances since January were for PSG's benefit, not ours. He had his heart set on going, and I believe Everton had promised him he could go come summer, if the right offer came. We might aswell sell him, because I think he'll throw a wobbler if we block it. It's his dream move apparently. Brands will just be playing hardball over the fee. I reckon we already have his replacement/ replacements lined up

Since the credible Sturridge thread was closed, i have managed to get his press snaps from the laptop of his agent.

W
Gueyes improved performances since January were for PSG's benefit, not ours. He had his heart set on going, and I believe Everton had promised him he could go come summer, if the right offer came. We might aswell sell him, because I think he'll throw a wobbler if we block it. It's his dream move apparently. Brands will just be playing hardball over the fee. I reckon we already have his replacement/ replacements lined up
What absolute nonsense. Total wummery.

Status
Not open for further replies.