Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would we want to spend £15 million on a player that is likely to be on the bench this season, rather than spending the money on players who will improve the first team?

That’s the question really.

Would we want to spend £15 million on a player that is likely to be on the bench this season, rather than spending the money on players who will improve the first team?

That’s the question really.
We need more than 11 players. I get what you're saying but selling the youngsters probably isn't going to build long term squad depth.

Marcels such a noob, he should know by now that you have to get an incoming transfer done before you sell anyone, otherwise the frothers get upset.

I am a bit gutted he’s gone though, as I will be when Lookman is sold.

Neres makes everything better though, am i right Marcel ? AM I RIGHT?

The Russian sports websites are reporting the fee as 13.5 million €, rising to 15 million (+ a sell-on clause). CSKA was never going to pay more than that, they don't have the money (Vlasic is now their record signing). Apparently he personally chose to stay in Moscow over an offer by an Italian CL club.

I read a few times that italian sides were keen + Newcastle.

£13.5-15mil isnt much but i think if we have a chunky sell on clause that could take the fee up a fair bit.

Have to trust in Brands...

The whole "another one off the wage bill" thing is mad. Vlasic ISN'T the kind of player we need off the wage bill. He's probably not on more than 30k/week. Just really irked with the whole thing honestly. Think he is going to be a really good player.
Was he providing anything for Everton in exchange for his wage? Nope.

So better off swapping him for some money to buy someone who will.

If, as Moshiri and Brands said, the idea is to get promising youngsters on low wages but high(ish) transfer fees is true, why sell him then? If Sigurdsson is out, we have Tom Davies as backup. Why not keep him and rotate with Gylfi seeing as he is 30 and not in the long term plans?

I don't have an issue with him going, I just don't see the point in offloading him for 14mil ffs.
Because he didn't want to be here.

I'd rather someone who does.

Transfer market has him valued at E20m so E16m is slightly below par. But sell on clause will probably recoup that and we still made a 40% profit on what we paid..

It's one of those. It would have been nice to see how he performed in a positive confident Silva side, but by all accounts he didn't want to be here. When you watch the BTS videos we seem to have a very happy group of players and the Latin players are very much a part of that. Why risk upsetting that?

Transfer market has him valued at E20m so E16m is slightly below par. But sell on clause will probably recoup that and we still made a 40% profit on what we paid..

It's one of those. It would have been nice to see how he performed in a positive confident Silva side, but by all accounts he didn't want to be here. When you watch the BTS videos we seem to have a very happy group of players and the Latin players are very much a part of that. Why risk upsetting that?

TransfrMarket stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.