Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 options here:

He's either waiting for next summer when he can choose who he wants to go too, as loads of clubs will take him for nowt and he gets big wages.
Or, hes been told Spurs are making a bid tonight as they want him ( plausible for me this one)
Or lastly, he realises hes a Blue through and through and signs a new contract (doubt it).

Thoughts??

None of the above. When a player changes his mind in the middle of a medical, you have to think he's got issues that go beyond football.

Right yeah. Bournemouth. You mean the one where we won 6-3 and Lukaku scored 4?

Just one example I know. But let's not be silly. Our good run of form mostly came from lukaku being a boss. We gonna take his assists out too if we taking out his goals?
Bournemouth pretty much backs up my point really - The mighty Bournemouth at home. A team we would have probably beaten anyway. But let's pretend we would have lost that game 3-2. We still finish 7th. It is also relevant that in the four seasons before Lukaku got here we scored 216 premier league goals - without a recognised striker. We scored 230 in the four seasons with Lukaku in the team. 14 goals in four seasons doesn't really suggest to me that Lukaku made that much of a difference. We were a top 7 team when he got here, and we were a top 7 team when he left (with two 11th place finishes in two of those seasons). Lukaku got more from Everton, than Everton got from Lukaku. Just my opinion, that's all.

By the way, if Barkley's transfer has fell through and it was £30m to £35m, that may have big ramifications on our finances, as we probably needed that income to cover the overdraft for Sigurdsson and settle the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.