Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a Mane type player. Someone like the player Koeman had at Southampton. Too many technical players who want to lay it off rather than commit defenders. The blend looks bizarre. We have neither the speed and power to play on the break nor the big man to play direct. We've sold our goals.

he should be looking to recruit a player in the mould of David Silva or Juan Mata, someone who can pass a ball and keep possession, unlike the dross we have at present who can only pass sideways or backwards and seem incapable of making a forward run, does anyone know what Tom Davies actually offers?

Agree with both of these statements... but finding players like this is pretty tough. IMHO we need to be looking at teams who don't have European football and seeing if they have a player that fits the type we are looking for. With that in mind, I would like to see us make a move for Ivan Perisic - I *think* Inter have no CL or EL football this year. Obviously if they do, then I retract this suggestion! On the same premise, the CB position could be cured with either Howedes or Nastasic from Schalke.

The other option is players who need lots of game time in the run up to the next big international tournament... Giroud? Mandzukic?

Nastasic, Perisic and Mandzukic in, with Niasse going out, would be a ridiculously strong finish to the summer window. Problem is we'd need at least £80m to buy those three and Niasse is unlikely to generate much of a fee. Could I live with losing one of Barkley or Mirallas in order to sign those three.... yes. maybe even both of them, actually.

Every game since the first preseason to now... We have looked leggy and ponderous.

The optimist in me sees that half the squad had changed and there is an obvious need to bed our signings in.

Think pickford and keane have really blended in well straight off the bat. Seen little of Sandro or klaassen that impressed me yet. Think siggy won't take long to adapt but definitely not firing on all cylinders yet

The pessimist in me is a bed-wetting kopite who sees all the answers in star signings and alcohol

Think I'll just murder the pessimist

Balde would have been an exceptional signing very much in the role mane did at saint under koeman.

My main worries are we seem to have effectively tried to implement the formation Koeman used at saints. But without the target man needed to make it work, without the player with blistering pace who cuts in sndcruns at players like mane did, and without the cb with pace enough to enable a high line for a high press.

The lack of the latter is even more worrying given unlike saints did, we font have any pace at fullback either
It's almost as if he doesn't know what he's doing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.