Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we want to be in the mix for the top 4 places ( not saying we will atm ) but we need a partner for keane, a good striker ( sandro gets injured or doesn't adapt to the league we are goosed ) and a left back to cover/challenge baines

Pienaar was our 'no 10' for a long time Eggs.

He hardly ever played centrally.

A playmaker doesn't have to be in the middle.

Personally, can see Gylfi playing 'wide' (with a free role) more often than not.

..you might well be right but Pienaar didn't particularly get on the end of things centrally like Sigurdsson naturally does. I just feel he'd be wasted out wide and I think a few have said he played there for Spurs and was nowhere near as effective.

----------Sandro----------Rooney / other striker----------
Gylfi----------------Klaassen--------------Gana-----------
------------------------Schneiderlin-------------------------

I see it more like that, will be interesting to see what Koeman does. Some intelligent footballers there, fitting them all in and getting them playing in their best positions will be a challenge.

I honestly don't think he has signed Klaassen not to pay him in most games and think he will be pivotal to Koemans team this season.

..I can see Gueye, Klaassen and Davies sharing one position. Schneiderlin will start. If RK gets his target man CF, I can see Sandro and Rooney being 'inverted wingers' with Sigurdsson playing no10. That would be my approach but I could be way off.

Do you think maybe Rooney on the left and Sandro more central could work?
We still havent replaced pienaar in my opinion, Baines looked so lonely bombing up that left wing on thursday, looking for inteligant give and goes and what not.
Everyone else down the left is all about getting the ball and running with it (Hi kevin mirallas), i just think rooney has the brains and ability to replicate the pienaar position?

Rooney on the left might work. He naturally comes deep to get the ball, and could link up well with baines like pienaar but with a better range of passing. Good shout

I certainly don't want him up front, need a proper target man

We'll have a narrow three behind the striker anyways, so 'left' or 'right' isn't going to have our players necessarily stuck on the touchlines...

I imagine we'll play like this...

Sandro
Sigurdsson Rooney Klaassen
Gueye Schneiderlin
Baines Williams Keane Martina (urgh)
Pickford​

Williams and Martina really stick out like sore thumbs there :(

..I can see Gueye, Klaassen and Davies sharing one position. Schneiderlin will start. If RK gets his target man CF, I can see Sandro and Rooney being 'inverted wingers' with Sigurdsson playing no10. That would be my approach but I could be way off.

Rooney, Sandro, Giroud will all 100% have been given/will be given assurances before signing about playing time etc. None would have signed otherwise especially as all three harbour hopes of going the world cup.

if we want to be in the mix for the top 4 places ( not saying we will atm ) but we need a partner for keane, a good striker ( sandro gets injured or doesn't adapt to the league we are goosed ) and a left back to cover/challenge baines

I think Schneiderlin/Keane/Pickford would have a chance of getting in the RS team and Arsenal teams. Other than that I can't see a single one of our fit players getting in any of the teams above us.

Don't think it's going to be possible to get Rooney, Sandro, Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Giroud (if he comes) into the same side

Rooney, Sandro and Sigurdsson can all play slightly wider, so that helps but Klaassen and Giroud are both definitely central players

Having said that, I don't see why this should be a problem - we want to be playing 50-60 games this season, so there should be plenty of playing time for all of the above. Based on what we saw from Koeman last season, we will alternate between 433, 4231 and occasionally 343 at times this season - we need tactically adaptable players and different options, so when I see people naming their "first XI", I tend to think it's a waste of time because we are striving to not have that. It's different when all you have to worry about if the league, but if we are being really serious about all of the competitions we're in this season (which would be for the first time in recent history), we won't need to try and shoehorn every attacking player we have bought into the side

I think Schneiderlin/Keane/Pickford would have a chance of getting in the RS team and Arsenal teams. Other than that I can't see a single one of our fit players getting in any of the teams above us.

could have said the same last year yet we still had a good year, we have strengthened our team this year, even more so if we sign a few more, bearing in mind Tottenham haven't done anything ( yet ) Liverpool have only really signed salah but will probably lose their best player, arsenal will likely lose their best player so you never know

Status
Not open for further replies.