Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
say we bring in a new centre back and left back which seems likely, as well as ticking off a few of those who are heavily linked. there's every change we could field an XI in one of the opening games of the season where schneiderlin is the longest serving player.

Pickford
Martina Keane New CB New LB
Klaassen Schneiderlin
Rooney Siggurdson Sandro
Giroud
and yes, that is a mighty fine new team, as well.

It just looks so lopsided with Sigurdsson in there forcing Rooney to play on the right. I really don't understand our obsession with Sigurdsson, he's decent enough, but for that price nah I wouldn't be gutted if that one fell through.

What about the big centre back from Ajax?was mentioned koeman interested in him last yr?younger and already looks like being a very good player ,cheaper than van dijk

Tbf to him, he's been pretty good with info this summer and a few rumours. Called both Sandro & Keane ages ago and stuck to his guns even when folk were wetting the bed we weren't going to pull those deals off and we did. But let's not get carried away, we can bid for anyone but it doesn't mean it will get accepted or we will sign them!

Personally I just can't see it with van Dijk. I'd love him at us, don't get me wrong, but why would Southampton make such a deal of the van Dijk situation with Liverpool and make such a stance that he wasn't and isn't for sale at any price and then go and flog him to us? Doesn't make sense. Think they will stick to their word and keep him for a season.
I reckon saints were sick to death of Liverpool and were under pressure from there own fans and/or the prem picked up the echo exclusives and asked the question of how this deal was done in may!?

say we bring in a new centre back and left back which seems likely, as well as ticking off a few of those who are heavily linked. there's every change we could field an XI in one of the opening games of the season where schneiderlin is the longest serving player.

Pickford
Klaassen Schneiderlin
Rooney Siggurdson Sandro
Giroud

Good team, good enough to break the top 4 not so sure! Time will tell.

Looking forward to season starting and seeing how far this new team can go, we will have a good idea after first 5/6 games due to the tough start

No sign of another LB, which is a pressing priority. We know Martina will come in as RB to compete with Kenny until Coleman is fit.

I reckon saints were sick to death of Liverpool and were under pressure from there own fans and/or the prem picked up the echo exclusives and asked the question of how this deal was done in may!?

Possibly but for their top men to say none of their "star" players are for sale this summer and then back track would really upset their fans, and I think it would upset them if they were to allow this former manager to take their prized asset from them!

I just about remember the 80s when players turned up minus the fanfare, and we won stuff.

However, gotta say this is the most exciting transfer window since they we're 'invented'. Most refreshing.

at this rate we'll be boxed off by Stoke. And we can actually concentrate 100% on the games and trying to work out how Ronald is gonna use all these new players and in what formations.

What odds would you have got on the got transfer thread being locked before the season? Good times...

Concerned with lack of left footed attacking players and lack of cover at full backs. We saw with the Coleman situation that you need to have decent cover if not a big injury can mean no options at the end of the season to challenge for the big prices. Ghezzal would be I think a very good acquisition on a free...similar to Maherz with a superb left foot...i suppose we could cover left back position with a loan...

No sign of another LB, which is a pressing priority. We know Martina will come in as RB to compete with Kenny until Coleman is fit.

I think one will be on the agenda this summer, unless young Antonee Robinson is gonna be given a chance? He does look a talent tbf. Galloway as gone, Garbutt isn't fancied and it only leaves us Mori as a possibility at LB or young Robinson so I could see a LB being signed before the window shuts.

Concerned with lack of left footed attacking players and lack of cover at full backs. We saw with the Coleman situation that you need to have decent cover if not a big injury can mean no options at the end of the season to challenge for the big prices. Ghezzal would be I think a very good acquisition on a free...similar to Maherz with a superb left foot...i suppose we could cover left back position with a loan...

I was thinking the same the other day, we haven't got any left footers in the squad apart from Baines & Barry really. I don't know why, but now we've got the Lukaku money, I've got a feeling Walsh is gonna push Koeman all the way to go for Mahrez before the windows out. Don't know why and I don't have inside knowledge but just get that feeling?!....

Pickford
Klaassen Schneiderlin
Rooney Siggurdson Sandro
Giroud

why you sticking some nomark that doesnt even play us in the team?

Agreement here on left back shouts. Also not that arsed on sigurdsson, be surprised if van dijk comes off. Still the fact theres so many (with it not being pie in the sky) shouts on potential first XI is a beautiful thing to behold. PROPER strength in depth

...before I go for my Racing Post, here's Saturdays rumours;

- The Liverpool Echo's Kristian Walsh says Everton are not interested in Virgil van Dyke and will not be looking to further bolster their defence.

- BBC Sport suggest Chelsea have fought back and are also attempting to sign Romelu Lukaku. Chelsea are also chasing Everton target Keita Balde Diao. The Irish Independent and other outlets say Chelsea have matched United's £75m bid for Lukaku but the Evening Standard reckon the player is still Old Trafford bound.

- Everton and Manchester United want to tie up a deal for Wayne Rooney before United leave for their pre-season tour of the USA on Sunday. The Express report Rooney is desperate to return and is prepared to take a massive pay cut to rejoin the Toffees.

- The Sunderland Echo say Sunderland manager, Simon Grayson, is hopeful that deals for Everton duo Tyias Browning and Aiden McGeady will go through. The Northern Echo suggest McGeady has to 'sort out some differences' with Everton before the move goes through.

Isn't he a kopite?!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.